Pask's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Pask's Bag

Postby allsport1313 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:43 am

Fightingthetide wrote:Do you have any Z Challengers? That sounds like your ticket. Keep D's for understable stuff once they beat in.

Whoa, I didn't even know those existed. I know what I'm spending my birthday monies on!
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby pask2155 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Do PDs and eagles overlap to much?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 am

2 Things:

As for an understable approach disc, try to get your ION to go 100' on a sharp right turn with a 15' apex (100' long, 15' high, 30'+ feet to the right) when you only have room to give a pop to your wrist (RHBH). Make sense? I've found understable putters to be invaluable in that slot. There are times when I'm in jail (stuck in the woods) and there's a tiny gap I can hit RHBH, but the pin might be further to the right and I don't have room for a forehand shot. See what I mean? If you have a tournament bag, you could afford to put one in there...if not, then I could see why you might not carry one.

PD's can do what EX's do, but EX's can't do everything a PD does. The same could be said for PD vs. Teebird. However, I have dropped PD's for Teebirds because they fit my style and power much better...so go with what works best for you. Some would say you're fine keeping both. Some would say there's too much overlap to keep both. In the end it's up to you.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:54 pm

There is plenty of overlap with non piggy EXs and PDs. Only the piggiest PDs approach pig stable EXs. Ions push through hyzers and annies a lot so for really tight right turns Aviar P & A and Rattler for example are better flight wise. The Rattler might take getting used to because of the lid like shape. Aviars are everywhere so it is an easy choice because if you lose one you can easily and quickly replace it. It is a good putting putter too but next to an Ion not the best.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion