Burnsy's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Burnsy's bag

Postby burnsy86 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 pm

This is my first post here. I just started playing disc golf 4 months ago. I usually average about par at most courses that I play at. Live in the grand rapids Michigan area.

Main driver:
174g Cryztal avenger ss

Other drivers:
173g flx esp avenger ss
172g star roadrunner
175g champion roadrunner
169g jk pro 4x Valkyrie

Water disc:
169g R-pro wahoo

Mid range:
177g ESP buzz
173g ESP buzz
176g cryztal buzz ss

Putt & approach:
173g xg rhyno
173g pro pig
177g r-pro pig

Discs I have but not in bag:
2 2012 ace race discs
172g champion monarch
150g dx shark
???g dx eagle
150g dx aviar

My bag is a fade tourney bag with dga straps. So that is my current set up and I am pretty happy with it so far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
burnsy86
Noob

Favorite Disc: R-Pro pig

Re: Burnsy's bag

Postby keltik » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:01 pm

welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure you'd need both the RR and the A-SS. They both do the same things.

the Pig and the Rhyno also overlap heavily.

you should put the Eagle in your bag.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby burnsy86 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah, I agree that the pigs and rhyno are almost the exact same disc. I almost never throw the rhyno. Its just there for when I am just throwing stuff around for fun. As for the avengers and the roadrunners, some days I just throw one better than the other. The eagle I have is pretty beat up and needs to be replaced. I really like the buzz a lot lately. I am by no means good at this sport yet and am just trying different stuff till I find what works. But with the buzz I have been throwing it further than my drives. Don't really know what is up with that but I'm gonna go with it for now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
burnsy86
Noob

Favorite Disc: R-Pro pig

Postby keltik » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm

The buzzz is a good disc. I suggest you get a new eagle.

If you are having form issues I suggest you videotape yourself throwing and we can analyze what you are doing.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 am

Welcome. Nobody should out drive their drivers with a mid. I suspect that you don't throw fast enough for the drivers to sty flat long enough. Do the discs fade hard and early and crash to the ground? How high do you throw? The number one limiter of distance for new players is throwing with the front of the disc higher than the rear with a leaning back posture which leads to releasing higher than reaching back which pops the disc high up stopping it and stalling it for left no back to front moving finish of the flight. That way most with your experience don't throw much past 200'. The least fading driver Leopard starts to work halfway right at 200' but really it gets much better with every 50' past that at least up to 400'. Champion plastic lasts for years even on rocky courses and throwing it to 380' meaning fast discs top out at around 430' after skips. For a power reference. Leopard is the most forgiving driver for throwing with the front of the disc higher than the rear. Try pushing the wrist down forcefully when you start to straighten the arm from the elbow. Before a throw make an exaggeratedly slow arm pull from reach back to rip point making sure the disc stays at constant height and after that try to replicate the exact same movement in the throw.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby money 21 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 pm

either go with the A-SS or RR Like ketek said. pick either pig or rhyno. and put the ar12 back in your bag it is a great disc for learn form with. it flies great when your form is right as all discs do but it is very unforgiving of bad form and will teach you to throw all your discs better.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion