New bag setup

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New bag setup

Postby discpunk26 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:41 pm

I have recently redone my bag, and now I have a mixed bag that is Innova heavy.
Boss- I have 2 champ bosses, one that is flippy that I use for all out distance bombs over 450' with room to work. The other I use for distance side arm that maxes around 500'.
Crush- I switch around my crushes frequently, but only carry one in the bag for straight stable distance drives out to 450'.
Nuke OS- For long headwind drives forehand, and backhand.
Firebird- My favorite driver, I carry 4 at all times. One brand new CFR flat top that is just as overstable as my Z xtremes, and used for flicks into a headwind, spike hyzers, skip shots. One 12x flat newer run that I use for more of a stable finish. A flat seasoned 11x that I use as my go to side arm driver. Last I have a flat star firebird that I use for backhand for shots as short as 300' out to monster 450+' flex shots.
Eagle- A new 12x eagle X that I use for tunnels and turnovers that hook up late.
Wasp- I have thrown rocs, but usually come back to the wasp for a little extra glide and stablity.
Buzzz- I carry 2 in Z plastic, one is just dead straight on a hyzer flip out to 350'. The other is a bit newer, and almost as stable as wasp.
Classic Roc- This is my go to approach disc, I carry one in star plastic that is a great stable to slightly over stable disc out to 320'. The other one is dx plastic that holds the perfect turnover for me.
Challenger- I carry a FLX challenger that I use for jump putts, and long putts.
Rhyno- I really like to putt with Champ Rhynos, and being a spin putter the rhynos stability doesn't pose much of a problem.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Re: New bag setup

Postby JR » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:36 pm

That looks solid. What do you use for under 300' tight fades for tight corners/getting out of trouble? Your slowest hard fader is the Firebird that will skip hard on landing. Maybe a Zone or a Pig would help there because the Rhyno is straight at 230'+.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discpunk26 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm thinking of switching the wasp with a hornet, or adding a drone, mostly because I feel something is off with the short range.
discpunk26
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 am

The Drone is the slowest and shortest out of those options so it won't overlap as much with the FB. A Gator would be slower still and less skipping.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby cubeofsoup » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 am

JR, what are your thoughts on Zone in terms of plastic choice?
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm

D isn't as slick and it breaks in unlike the ESP so it becomes longer less extreme but also less effective in storm headwinds. When adding an ESP or a new D should work well. Zones start out as majorly overstable fade right out of the hand and hard skipping (multiple times) disc. So it is utility only if you count headwinds as a utility throw and even then with left finishes.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby discpunk26 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks for the advice JR, I pulled the wasp for the hornet, and am in the process of field testing some gators and zones to see what fits better.
discpunk26
Noob

Postby discpunk26 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:56 pm

I did switch the wasp out for the hornet, and I did add an esp zone, and also switched a pro d zone with the star classic roc.
discpunk26
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 pm

The D Zone starts out as a very different role disc to the Classic Roc and i haven't beaten mine enough to see how straight it gets. How has that bag worked on the course?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby discpunk26 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 pm

the bag is working great on the course, I seem to have gained a new level control with my side arm thanks to this setup. Also as far as the pro d zone goes, I beat one up into short range power turnover driver. I don't use that one, but I do have one that is straight stable that I do use. Flies very close to what the star classic roc does.
discpunk26
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm

That sounds really cool i had no idea that the D Zone beats in that much. I hope it will stay close to Star Classic Roc like performance for a long time.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby cubeofsoup » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

JR, I threw my friends ESP Zone a few times yesterday and it seemed like it will fill a good utility gap of short very hard fading shots and tricky rollers/overheads/flicks. After the round I traded one of my buddies a QJLS for an ESP Zone should compliment my bag very nicely.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Two good discs switched so both should benefit. Although i'm not in love with the QJLS of the s-curving kind which seem to be the most common now. I prefer straighter more HSS discs for local holes.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby discpunk26 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 pm

A couple changes for the better, I now have two eagles in the bag. One is a champ eagle x that is not crazy stable for an eagle X but is still great for tunnels both fore hand and backhand. The other eagle is a star eagle X this one is very stable and holds a great flat hyzer line.

I did go with the Hornet as my overstable mid because of speed and glide.

I also added a zone for short overstable approaches.

I carry 3 classic Rocs, one in star that will stay stable for a lot longer, a new dx that will beat in, and a now flippy one that has been well seasoned to turnover.

I chose to go with the Challenger as my main putter for added glide over the rhyno.
discpunk26
Noob

Postby discpunk26 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Revised the bag again. Here is the full line up.

Rampage- my all out distance bomber both forehand and backhand. Can't wait to try this thing out during the summer months.
Force- A Z force for stable forehands that need to finish, and an ESP for stable backhand drives.
Nuke OS- Long skip shops, power hyzers, spike hyzers, distance into strong head winds, longer forehands.

Surge- I carry one Z surge that I use for touch shots between 300'-400' and for get out of trouble shots, and rollers.
Firebird- I usually carry 4 in the bag, but I don't want to play a CFR glow flat top FL in the snow. I have a new flat 12x that I use for any shot that must hyzer out as well as skip shots spike hyzers and for fight head winds. My go to is a flat 11x, and last I play a star firebird for my overstable backhand drives.
Teebird- I have 1 Champ Teebird plus that I use for tunnels and shots just in or just out of mid range.

Wasp- my go to forehand mid
Buzzz- tunnels and shots that I don't want to play much of a hyzer finish

Rhyno- Still have this bad boy, tried using the zone, but it acted too much like a mid and not enough like a putter. The rhyno provided all the stability I wanted out to around 300'.
Challenger- bouncing between this and the rhyno for putting, still trying refine my putting.

I'm looking forward to playing around with more Legacy discs. I just got a cannon and some clozers, that I can't wait to see how they will help my game.
discpunk26
Noob

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion