New bag setup

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New bag setup

Postby discpunk26 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:31 pm

Thought it was time to do another update to the bag.

I carry 3 drivers for distance.
A Pinnacle Cannon that I use as both an overstable control driver and my go to all out distance bomber.
A pinnacle Rampage that I use as my overstable distance bomber, and my go to sidearm distance driver.
Lastly for distance I have a Nuke OS for distance drives in to a headwind both side arm and backhand.

I have 2 molds for control/ fairway drivers.
3 Champion firebirds, that I use for almost all of my side arm needs. I have a new flat stiff 12x that I use for skip shots both forehand and backhand, as well as my go to headwind driver.
My go to driver is a seasoned 11x firebird, and this driver see action on almost every course as it is my go to forehand driver for shots in the 250'-370' range.
My last firebird is a candy plastic pro that is the flippiest of all my firebirds, but it still has a lot of finish.
I do also use a glow champion FL for tunnels and touch fairway drives with finish.
My go to backhand driver is a champion Beast. I also use it for get out of trouble rollers and turnover forehands from the rough.

The mids
I have a drone that I use for short spikes, and forehand drives that need to stay straighter with a little finish out to 300'.
In the summer I carry at least one wasp as my go to forehand mid, and for backhand shots that need to finish more than my buzzz.
I carry atleast 2 Buzzzes at all times, one that is stable, and one that is flippy for turnovers.
The next mid doesn't stay in the bag, but does go in on very wooded courses as a rescue roller, and get out of trouble disc. That disc is the Stratus.

I carry two molds of putters
I always have one Champion Rhyno in the bag for approaches, but on windy days I will put in an extra Champ Rhyno for putting.
My baby for approaches is the Clutch, it is also my go to putter.

What do you guys think? Any questions on what I throw and when or why I throw what I do are welcome.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby JR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm

If the Beast covers longer than mid understable duties it looks pretty solid. Except of course depending on how nasty you''l make the CO course for perfect straight line needs :-) Then a straighter mid and FW could be needed.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discpunk26 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Been awhile and a successful season so I figured I should do an update to the bag and my thoughts on what I may try next. I chose to go to a very simple bag setup as a base, then I will extras as I feel its needed.

One Star boss for long straight distance, and a Champ boss for a little extra stability.

I carry 1 pinnacle rampage for distance forehand drives, or stable backhand drives into headwinds.

Nuke OS- A Z Nuke OS for when it gets really windy.

Firebird- still carrying 2 Champ firebirds for my forehand game, but added one star for backhand.

eagle- I put a star eagle back in the bag, and now it has replaced my beast. when i throw it flat it holds a long turnover that barely gets back to flat, or I can put some hyzer on it and rip long straight drives. This disc also powers down very well so I can use it as a low ceiling mid.

hornet- my over stable mid and forehand mid.

Buzzz- I will use the Buzzz for tunnels and turn overs.

Rhyno- I use this disc as my driving putter and main approach disc. I will use it for putting in the wind too.

Clutch- my main putting disc, I have 2 one that is a little lighter that I use for turnover approaches and jump putts. The other is max weight and only comes out for putting.

Now that the main season is over, I've been thinking of trying out some of the newer discs that came out this year, to see if I like any of them for some of the filler to the bag. The truth and the giant are two that i've been looking at, but would love to hear other thoughts for stuff to try as well.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion