Trying to simplify my bag... Thoughts

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Trying to simplify my bag... Thoughts

Postby jhilton » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I have about 340 ft in power, maybe a touch more if I really need it. Throw rhbh.

Putters
2x 175 gram wizards

Mid-range
2x 175 gram Hornets (over stable) left finishes or flick approaches
175 gram z Buzz (stable) straight
175 gram x Buzz (beat in, somewhat under stable) straight to right turns

Fairway
175 gram star eagle (over stable) controlled hyzer
175 gram opto river (stable) gradual left turn to straight
175 gram gold river (under stable) straight to right shots

Utility
172 gram star firebird (over stable) utility

Driver
170 gram star PD (over stable) hyzer bombs
168 gram new pro PD (pretty stable) straight with left finish
175 gram worn pro PD (stable-ish) hyzer flips or longer subtle flex shots
2x 175 gram z avenger ss (under stable) hyzer flip or anhyzer

Thoughts?
jhilton
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: Trying to simplify my bag... Thoughts

Postby JR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 am

If you don't come across any problems i wouldn't change the bag. At least until you gain more distance. Your first audition should be a Pro Beast 166ish when you gain power. As a utility disc an overstable putter could be useful too if you feel that the Hornet is either too fast or too much skipping. The usual suspect at your power is the Rhyno but in DX and Pro it breaks in too fast. Pig and Zone are much harder fading so they are more useful in harder headwinds and at more power.

if you want to carry a lighter bag the Z Buzz is in between the Wasp and the X Buzz so it could probably be dropped. The worn P PD might overlap some too at least with the River so it could possibly go too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jhilton » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for the suggestions. With the beast suggestion, what do you think is gained by the addition?

As to the worn pro pd, I am curious if it will become worn enough to drop the avenger SS mold?
jhilton
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Replacing the ASS can be done with any disc beat to snot enough. PD won't take a decade but it needs to be pretty well trashed so it may take a while but if you won't lose it it can replace the ASS. The nasty thing is if you lose it then it can take a while to trash the next one. The Beast is long for the power requirement and the power requirement is moderate. It will become longer while remaining straight for a distance driver while handling some wind. River is long too but not as long and it has a much lower power requirement. Unfortunately it can't handle as much wind and individual variations between discs are larger than with the Beast. Right now the Beast might be a good straight headwind driver for you. At your power i'm not so sure that it would be longer than the River because of the higher power requirement and fading a little more.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion