Full bags as prizes for ladies Rec and Am

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Full bags as prizes for ladies Rec and Am

Postby JHern » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:20 pm

My wife is TD of a rapidly growing women's tournament and I decided this year that I would like to build some full bags of discs for winners in Rec and Am divisions (Rec and AM2 only). We are going to try and get some swag from Prodigy for Advanced women prizes (the more experienced women already have discs they like, and won't need a full bag). The prize bags are going to fit in with the discs from the players pack (PP, for short) as well, so I don't want to overlap too much with those...this year's PP discs will likely include Legacy Patriot. The first bag I've built includes:

3 SS Pink Eraser Wizards (firm and ultra-tacky)
1 Smoke SP Aftershock with pink stamp (ultra-straight Roc-type)
1 Purple Sparkle Gator (meathook mid)
1 PP Legacy Patriot (utility fairway)
1 Yellow Skyquest Medusa (fast under-stable)
1 Pink First Run Tern (fast stable)

I know even the guys would drool over some of these selections...I think this will be the first place AM2 bag. It is mostly around 170g weights. What am I missing? Anything?

A second bag building phase has also begun for Rec first place, beginning with 2 SS Pink Eraser Wizards, and a pink pearly Orc (168g), and I want to put lighter weight plastic since the players will be newer.

So I'm soliciting thoughts and/or recommendations. If you could build the ultimate ladies bag for Rec or AM2, what would it look like?
Last edited by JHern on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Full bags as prizes for ladies Rec and Am

Postby JR » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 am

Gator and Tern are somewhat steep choices for am2 ladies.

The Orc is a pretty beefy disc for Recs because even most FWs are too much for many shots. Rivers are good for 220'+ discs with fade so even that with the low power requirement, relatively, and little fade might be too much for recs. Fuses, Coyotes, Squalls and Warships might be better for long throws for recs. OTOH it is good to start them out with drivers to get them accustomed to them so Leopards or XLs maybe JLSs would be better than Orcs. For normal use. Orcs might flip in the wind still while being fairly hard fading at rec power but it has the utility of finishing left.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Disc Golf Live » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:13 am

Buy your winners (or the whole Am field) some lesson time with established players who know how to pass knowledge on, perhaps as a mid-event clinic. From my perspective, that would be worth far more for many Ams than a bag of plastic in terms of development of their games. Most newer players don't lack discs to throw, they lack know-how.

Here's some ladies-only footage about from a MI event to enjoy in the meanwhile. This one is already full this year and it doesn't happen until June:

http://youtu.be/3IB-Uhtjh-Y

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 am

Disc Golf Live wrote:Buy your winners (or the whole Am field) some lesson time with established players who know how to pass knowledge on, perhaps as a mid-event clinic...

Thanks, Sarah Hokom, last year's champion, has agreed to run a clinic for all tournament players before the first round begins. Val Jenkins and Catrina Ulibarri will also be there, as well as several more touring pros (we want to bring as many as possible). Up and coming players like Jessica Weese and McKayla Thomas also plan to play in the tourney.

We're simply blowing up the prize packages with the very best stuff, and more will go into the raffle (to support a local women's center). On the pro side we are aiming to raise more than $2K in added cash, so the purse will be juicy for a field of ~1 dozen pros (pro registration is only $55).
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Kendrick1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 am

My wife also used Louis Vuitton bags. Now she is again demanding for another handbag. I am thinking to shop her from online websites. But as I am not familiar with any site can anyone her please suggest me any website which can provide reasonable handbags?
Kendrick1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tutos

Postby Flipflat » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Kendrick1 wrote:My wife also used Louis Vuitton bags. Now she is again demanding for another handbag. I am thinking to shop her from online websites. But as I am not familiar with any site can anyone her please suggest me any website which can provide reasonable handbags?

Absolutely! Here ya go: http://www.gorilla-boy.com Some of the best handbags you'll find
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 am

ROTFL!!!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion