The Bag 2.Zero

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The Bag 2.Zero

Postby Zero » Thu May 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi all,

My game is still very much in it's infancy and I have tried as many discs as I can (availability is a little limited in Australia - unless you are happy paying $$$$ for shipping) to try and find the right mould that works for me. I thought I would post up what I'm throwing to get feedback. Very interested to hear of anything I should be trying.

I throw LHBH and can get a max of 100m (320ft) with my drivers. I am now aware (thanks to these threads) that I do not get enough snap on my drives and I have a bad habit of "strong-arming". I'm pretty happy with my short game which mainly consists of my MVP discs. I would love to be able to find a driver that clicks as much as the MVP's do - you will note that it is a bit of a 'scattershot' at present to try and get something that fits.

So here goes:

Drivers
175g Star Wraith (Hyzer Drives)
175g Champ Beast (Open hole driver)
166g Z Flash (Open hole driver)
173g S OLF (Straight driver)
168g Champ Sidewinder (Anny Drives)

Utility
173g DX Valk (Roller)
175g JLS (Dead Straight)

Mids
175g Ti Buzzz (Flat top - straight)
175g Cryztal Buzzz (Overstable)

Putters
173g Soft Anode (Primary)
172g Soft Ion (Windy)
168g Med Anode (Straight/Anny approaches)
171g Med Ion (Hyzer Approches)

Thanks in advance for any advice....
Zero
Noob

Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Re: The Bag 2.Zero

Postby Stringbean » Sun May 12, 2013 12:34 am

Not much in terms of fairway drivers. Have you tried the Teebird / Leopard combo? The Leopard is similar to the JLS but shorter with better line shaping capability. Teebird is straight with some moderate fade.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby Zero » Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks Stringbean.

I have tried a Leopard and didn't find it much different to the JLS so I didn't keep it in the bag (maybe it was just that Leopard?). I have been keen to try a Teebird for a while - availablilty is the issue here.

I guess it is a good observation that I dont have alot of fairway stuff. On a par 4 my game is usually Driver -> JLS/Buzzz/Ion -> Putter.
Zero
Noob

Postby Zero » Thu May 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Update:

Gateway Discs are having an event over here in Australia and I picked up a Sabre, Blaze and Mystic. Haven't thrown them too much yet but they may find a way into the bag. I especially like the Mystic and Sabre.
Zero
Noob

Postby Zero » Sun May 26, 2013 5:29 pm

So the Mystic is in as an understable/flippy mid. I really like the rim of the (apparently) re-tooled mould. It is shallow and rounded - and snaps out of my grip nicely. The Blaze and Sabre fly as they advertised - but they are quite domey at the lip and I didn't like how they felt in the hand...
Zero
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion