DiscinFiend's Bag - Please Critique

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DiscinFiend's Bag - Please Critique

Postby DiscinFiend » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:29 pm

Distance Drivers - 450' RHBH 350' RHFH
(New) Star Destroyer (173) (Newest AJ Run "Pop Top") - Overstable, windy days
(New) Star Destroyer (172) (Older AJ Run) - Moderatly Overstable, anhyzer S shots
(Used) Star Destroyer (172) (SDS) -Stable, anhyzers, gentle hyzers
(Worn) Star Destroyer (172) (*D) - Moderately understable, turnovers, hyzer-flips with some fade
(Beat) Star Destroyer (174) - Understable, turnovers, hyzer-flips, max distance drives
C-Line PD (175) - Moderately overstable, sweeping hyzers, backhand anhyzer S shots, sidearm anhyzer S shots
Champion Roadrunner (175) - Backhand rollers

Fairway Drivers - 425' RHBH 325' RHFH
Champion 12x Firebird (175) - Very overstable, spike hyzers, doglegs, sidearm
Champion Brinster Teebird (175) - Moderately overstable,
(Used) Champion 11x Teebird (170) - Stable, shaping lines, anhyzers, gentle hyzers, straight shots
(Beat) Champion 12x Teebird (175) - Moderately understable, hyzer-flip to flat, turnovers
(Used) CE Leopard (174) - Understable, backhand rollers, hyzer-flip turnovers, big turnovers

Overhand Drivers - 325' (Thumber & tomahawk)
Star Whippet X (175) - Max distance thumber & tomahawk, skip shots,
Champion 12x Teebird (172) - Accuracy, short overhand shots

Mids - 375' RHBH
Champion Glow Gator (175) - Very Overstable, windy days, doglegs, sidearm approaches
04 USDGC Champion Rancho Roc (180) - Overstable, anhyzer S shots
(Used) KC Pro Roc (180) - Moderately overstable, hyzers
(Worn) DX Roc (180) - Stable, line shaping, anhyzers, gentle hyzers, straight shots
(Beat) KC Pro Roc (180) - Understable, hyzer-flips, turnover shots

Putters - 325' RHBH
Champion Dart (175) - Stable driving putter, backhand upshots
Champion Rhyno (175) - Overstable driving putter, windy backhand upshots, sidearm upshots
KC Pro Aviar (175) - Putting putter
KC Pro Aviar (175) - Backup putting putter, pre-round warm up putting

The distances by each of the categories are what I can hit consistently & with good accuracy, not my max distances. I should note that the only distance driver I sidearm is my PD. I would like to lower the number of molds I carry & remove any overlap. I was thinking about possibly dropping my Whippet & using my Firebird for overhand as well as what I currently use it for. Suggestions? Comments?
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Re: DiscinFiend's Bag - Please Critique

Postby JR » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Gator and fb are enough so the whippet can be dropped. Aviar and roc suffice no need for the dart. You have power for any distance disc so i would pick one that is longer than the destro.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby DiscinFiend » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:06 pm

JR wrote:Gator and fb are enough so the whippet can be dropped. Aviar and roc suffice no need for the dart. You have power for any distance disc so i would pick one that is longer than the destro.

I have tried discs that are longer than Destroyers but I always felt they're less controllable than my Destros. I'm probably just more comfortable throwing Destroyers because I've been throwing them for a few years now. Any suggestions on a longer distance driver? If I do get a longer distance driver what would be the ideal stability?
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Postby JR » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

A lot depends on your skills, philosophy and the conditions you'll face. It is normal that faster discs tend to be less controllable. It is harder to throw faster discs but power generation wise you have no issues so that is the major hurdle and the next one is keeping the nose down even more consistently. Ideal stability is different for those paying in calm conditions vs windy ones. I came across an interesting disc a while ago but IDK if they are available. It was the initial run of 1000 flat high PLH Westside World that had a higher PLH and lower dome than the others i saw. So IDK if another one like that has ever been made or will be. For winds Bosses are not as good unless you can find a a flattish high PLH one. Prodigy has from hearsay variations in D2s and D1s. D2 could be good at your power. My D1 is a meathook. My Quasar is one of the rarer meathooks and from hearsay the regular ones are nice. See Mike C's vids on Youtube tossing those out to 500'.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Stringbean » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:11 pm

DiscinFiend wrote:
JR wrote:Gator and fb are enough so the whippet can be dropped. Aviar and roc suffice no need for the dart. You have power for any distance disc so i would pick one that is longer than the destro.

I have tried discs that are longer than Destroyers but I always felt they're less controllable than my Destros. I'm probably just more comfortable throwing Destroyers because I've been throwing them for a few years now. Any suggestions on a longer distance driver? If I do get a longer distance driver what would be the ideal stability?

I've heard great things about the O-Lace. Sounds like it is pretty close to a Destroyer in terms of stability but slightly faster.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion