Uncle B's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Uncle B's Bag

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Woah, I should be the one aggrevated here I have stupid neighbors and I've been in the sun for 9 hours working. :lol:

You know from the sun frying my brain...crickets :D

Sorry just trying to lighten up the thread
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right?

But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. Then he went ballistic, talking about lies, drugs and psychiatrists. Must be a tortured place...
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:21 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right? But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. The he exploded. Then I had some fun.

It's cool. It happens sometimes.

I still don't know when I'll be able to get in to feel a Tangent. This Yardwork will take some time to fully finish. I'm going to a bit at a time even though I'm off for 4 days don't mean I'll get it all done. That sun was very hot today and I was out in it way too long than I should have been. So I'll be doing just a few hours in the sun at a time instead of all day. :lol:

I really want to hit the course. Hoping I will be able to pretty soon.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:31 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:Yeh, sorry for messing up your bag thread, we were trying to discuss the Tangent in Neutron plastic, right? But he's always lurking, and this time he went off the rails. Same thing when you and I were trying to discuss putting technique and wrist action...he swooped in and dumped all over that discussion too. How many others? I've lost count. Finally had to back him off. The he exploded. Then I had some fun.

I still don't know when I'll be able to get in to feel a Tangent. This Yardwork will take some time to fully finish. I'm going to a bit at a time even though I'm off for 4 days don't mean I'll get it all done. That sun was very hot today and I was out in it way too long than I should have been. So I'll be doing just a few hours in the sun at a time instead of all day. :lol:

I'm sure you'll get around to trying the Tangent. And GL with your yard work, sounds like a big project.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:36 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:
UncleBrother2001 wrote:

I'm sure you'll get around to trying the Tangent. And GL with your yard work, sounds like a big project.

Thanks man. I'm pretty wore out from today and all I did was lay mulch and rock. they were telling me at Lowe's that planting the trees would be easier than what I did today. I looked at them weird when they said that. :lol:

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm gonna try something a bit different with the bag. Experimental I should say.

Last time I played I was throwing the Rocs pretty far and throwing my Truth as far as my Fairway Drivers. So in that sense I'm gonna get me DD's version of DX plastic in a Truth and wear it in like a Roc and see how it does for me.

I've got my P-PD's that I can power down pretty good,one stable one a little flippy. In my head it looks like it could work.

I'm also just trying to cut down molds a bit since I've figured out the Truth can go really far for a mid and the P-PD is just great at powering down.

Gonna try and get out on the course soon and see if I really miss my Rival/Patriot combo. In all seriousness I thought it would be cool,internet wise,to have both as a Combo. Hey it works out great,but around here I may use them maybe 3 times at the most. Rest of the time it's Putters,Mids or my Distance Drivers.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JTdisc » Thu May 08, 2014 9:54 pm

I've been thinking about breaking in a classic Truth myself. The problem is, there are very few lines I can't hit with my lucid Truth. Still, I might pick up a classic just to see how they fly when broken in.

I can't see myself throwing a Rival/Patriot. My Teebirds are so amazing I can't see throwing anything else in their place. You're right about not needing fairways as much. When you throw the Truth and a Fuse for mids, a lot of fairways become redundant. Except the Teebird. Everyone needs a Teebird.

I forgot and didn't go back and read the entire thread, but have you thrown an Escape? To me it's like a straighter, more controllable Beast. It's the one disc I like even more than my Truth. My lucid Escape is my primary distance driver right now. It's a nice compliment to a C-PD and a Teebird,
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 pm

JTdisc wrote:I've been thinking about breaking in a classic Truth myself. The problem is, there are very few lines I can't hit with my lucid Truth. Still, I might pick up a classic just to see how they fly when broken in.

I can't see myself throwing a Rival/Patriot. My Teebirds are so amazing I can't see throwing anything else in their place. You're right about not needing fairways as much. When you throw the Truth and a Fuse for mids, a lot of fairways become redundant. Except the Teebird. Everyone needs a Teebird.

I forgot and didn't go back and read the entire thread, but have you thrown an Escape? To me it's like a straighter, more controllable Beast. It's the one disc I like even more than my Truth. My lucid Escape is my primary distance driver right now. It's a nice compliment to a C-PD and a Teebird,

I throw the Lucid Escape, and concur. It compliments my QOLF...which is pretty close to a C-PD. Uncle and I have actually been discussing the Escape in PM's.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri May 09, 2014 5:21 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:

Sorry about trying to mix in some truths in the middle of lies trying to keep the facts right on this site. He got to my ignore list. You should read all the recent posts from him and me to see a liar in action. I cannot be bothered any more i have put in enough data for anyone knowledgeable to see where he is coming from. I only want him to screw his head back on or seeing his back for good. :D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 am

:shock: These "lies" you speak of are direct quotes of your own words. Are you not well?
Last edited by BentElbow11 on Sat May 10, 2014 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:12 pm

JTdisc wrote:I've been thinking about breaking in a classic Truth myself. The problem is, there are very few lines I can't hit with my lucid Truth. Still, I might pick up a classic just to see how they fly when broken in.

I really want to try one. I think maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get one or maybe two Classic Truth's. I'm thinking of having one that is really flippy and is good for turnovers then having one that with flip into nice straight shots with no fade. Then I'll have my Lucid that is just great for monster Fade shots. I don't mean monster as in overstable I mean in distance. If I can get the Classic Truths as far as my Lucids I'll be pretty darn happy. Then my Truth's will be my Fairways :D

Yeah man Teebirds are an amazing disc. I used them for many years coupled with my Leopards. Tried many things in it's spot after I got the "try these new companies" bug. :lol: The Rival is pretty darn close to a Teebird though. In my opinion a Rival has a tad bit of turn where the Teebird is just really straight with fade.

Never tried an Escape but me and BentElbow11 have been sending PM's back and forth about it. No matter how much I would love to try an Escape I'm gonna be sticking with what I have for now.They are very tempting though. I really like my PD's, especially my P-PD's. The only new thing in my sights are those 2 Classic Truths. :D

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:59 pm

Man, I can't find anywhere that has 170gram Orange Classic Truths. Been Rockin 170 with the Truth and I like it really well in this weight. Was hoping to get some Classics in 170 as well.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am

I did update my OP with the new bag I'm running with now.

If the weather holds up today I'll be going and getting a round in.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JTdisc » Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 am

When playing a round on a course, do you ever feel like you need something between the mids and the Beasts/PDs?

Right now I carry a full compliment of 3 mids, 3 speed 7 fairways, and 3 speed 9-10 control drivers. I don't like powering things down too much and like having just the right disc for the distance I need.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:46 pm

JTdisc wrote:When playing a round on a course, do you ever feel like you need something between the mids and the Beasts/PDs?

Right now I carry a full compliment of 3 mids, 3 speed 7 fairways, and 3 speed 9-10 control drivers. I don't like powering things down too much and like having just the right disc for the distance I need.

At the moment I don't really feel the need for a Fairway Driver.

I can get my Truth out to 330ft to 340ft now. That's one reason why I want to get my hands on some Classic Truth's. Want to see when they get broke in if they go as far as Lucid.

I mentioned in a thread or in here a while back that I pushed a Lucid Truth to 380ft a couple of times. But it was on a wide open shot.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion