my bag for starting all over

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

my bag for starting all over

Postby zealot » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:26 am

welp my knee is kinda healed up after fully dislocating it a few months back. first round in w/glock23 today hopefully. tell me what you think. i basically have to stand still to throw so push-offs really (its my trailing leg not my plant).

so ya not much but my arm speed and snap ...

Beaver - wizard in gummy CE non gateway form...
* Cro - overstable
DX Cro - straight
* Leopard - looking for this atm...
Teebird - stable/overstable for me now?
Dx Firebird - meat hook

ive got some rocs around which i was thinkin of goin back to if they generate more glide with smooth form. i cant just blast a star cro out to 250+ anymore i dont think...

anyways, comments? criticism? stfu lock-off?

:D good to be back
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Re: my bag for starting all over

Postby JR » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:49 am

In no wind conditions a 166 Leopard is a great equalizer for not being able to take steps. I was there not so many weeks ago and my ankle hurts ATM. On windy days a broken in light Teebird is great for everything except heavy winds and/or headwinds where a heavier but probably still less than full weight TB in newish condition should work. I really do think glide is the friend of an injured player so a mid in less than max weight is also a good idea. MD1 or Core are longer than Rocs but depending on the plastic, weight and newness may be too overstable unless in headwinds. Maybe a Roc beat to straight 90 % of the time supplemented by a longer mid. Core is the longest of these but also likes most speed but is a good glider. Not worse than the others in glide.

Maybe a QMS or an Aurora might work well too. Doesn't need nearly as much speed and fades little when new and glides the best but is shorter than Core and maybe a tad shorter than a MD1.

I'd think that a new TB will do fine in meathook duty unless you truly throw far from stand still. It takes some oomph to make a FB perform even in meat hook role.

lock-off wrote:welp my knee is kinda healed up after fully dislocating it a few months back. first round in w/glock23 today hopefully. tell me what you think. i basically have to stand still to throw so push-offs really (its my trailing leg not my plant).

so ya not much but my arm speed and snap ...

Beaver - wizard in gummy CE non gateway form...
* Cro - overstable
DX Cro - straight
* Leopard - looking for this atm...
Teebird - stable/overstable for me now?
Dx Firebird - meat hook

ive got some rocs around which i was thinkin of goin back to if they generate more glide with smooth form. i cant just blast a star cro out to 250+ anymore i dont think...

anyways, comments? criticism? stfu lock-off?

:D good to be back
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Dogma » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I like Comets as a mid from a standstill. As for drivers, maybe this is a good time to work on your flick. I can flick a good bit farther than I can backhand from a standstill. It would put your injured knee up front though, and that may not help you. Good luck on the recovery.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby zealot » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:21 pm

ya i think i am gonna drop the FB and just use my CE bird for that duty. i swear that thing can fly any line...
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sublime113 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Where are you guys from in NE OHIO? I live in Mentor and I play at simms park a lot, I probably played a scramble with one of you.
SOLF~Teebird~Leopard~Roc~Wizard
sublime113
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:50 pm

nah we're in Canton... i dont know if glocks gone up there. however, you might've played with my brother in law who lives up that way. tall guy named Lance...

you're welcome to shoot down to arboretum and play with us sometime. 24 holes and massillon;s 18 is only another 20 minutes away..
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sublime113 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:49 pm

That sounds cool, I've never played down there, and I'd like to see some more courses before summer is over. Good luck on your knee too!!
SOLF~Teebird~Leopard~Roc~Wizard
sublime113
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion