my bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

my bag

Postby honkeytiger » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 pm

First post in this section. Here is my bag: Feel free to be as constructive as you like.

175 Echo Star Excalibur
171 Star Destroyer
172 FLX Surge
165 DX Valk
161 DX Sidewinder
165 Helios
Assassin
Beat to heck Tbone
Star Skeeter
Star Kite
FLX Buzzz
FLX Drone
Eco Wizard
Glow Magic
honkeytiger
Tree Magnet

Postby DPJ88 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 pm

that is a lot of molds. . . . .

what kind of shots do you use each mold for? I mean, as of right now I currently throw 8 molds. (2 being 2 seperate putters- that I switch between depending on conditions both mental and physical)

and I would like to cut down my molds to 5 or 6.

I mean, you have 14 different molds. chances are you have some overlap and uneeded plastic.
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Re: my bag

Postby corey115 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:13 pm

honkeytiger wrote:First post in this section. Here is my bag: Feel free to be as constructive as you like.

175 Echo Star Excalibur
171 Star Destroyer
172 FLX Surge
165 DX Valk
161 DX Sidewinder
165 Helios
Assassin
Beat to heck Tbone
Star Skeeter
Star Kite
FLX Buzzz
FLX Drone
Eco Wizard
Glow Magic

Choose between the Valk and SW for your understable slot

Choose between the Kite and Skeet for your understable mid, or use a beat Buzzz

Pick a putter and stick with it.
Predator | Avenger | Boss | Drone | Buzzz | Yeti
corey115
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby IowaDiscGolf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:38 am

That's a lot of molds, a lot of variables. If you make it work in your game, it doesn't matter if you have one mold or 20 in your bag. If it doesn't work, well, try fewer.
IowaDiscGolf
2008 DGR Donator

Re: my bag

Postby tushamajig13 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 am

I will echo the too many molds. read the disc minimalism thread...i didnt believe in minimalism until i read the thread and retooled my set up and now, i will not look back...

for the purposes of my suggestions, i will assume these are all new, because only the tbone has a stage of wear listed...also, since we dont know how far you throw, i will assume you are throwing ~350 with your destroyers/surges

1. stable control driver: the only fairway driver in your bag...in my opinon, these are the most important discs to have. most disc golf holes are 300-350' long. most of these drives are reachable with middies or fairway drivers. I have never thrown the assassin, so i dont know how they fly, but have heard good things about them. work them in to different stages and these should cover a good portion of your drives.
Assassin

2. distance driver: pick one mold
171 Star Destroyer
172 FLX Surge
165 Helios

3. moderately overstable driver: you need something here. either a beat version of your very overstable disc, or something true moderately overstable. I use heavy orcs because i dont have a big enough arm to flip them yet. However, starfires are good bets, as well as orions

4. understable driver: valk is a better bet, as it is more controllable, and less nose-angle sensitive than the SW. also, that DX SW is going to be FLIIIIPPPPYYY very soon. i wouldnt recommend keeping it in there.
165 DX Valk
161 DX Sidewinder

5. very overstable driver: so this is here because it is so fast. However, i recommend getting a true overstable driver, such as a Firebird or a Predator. They are much better IMO as an overstable disc
175 Echo Star Excalibur

Midrange: though i am a huge proponent of the midrange's uses, this is too many. Drone is a good overstable middie, and the buzz is a good straight middie, and the kite/skeeter are good understable mids. regardless, i would go wasp (more controllable stalbe mid and complements the buzz well) and buzz. I would get a Z Wasp for stable duties, a Z/ESP Buzz for straight shots, and beat in a D Buzz for understable.
Beat to heck Tbone
Star Skeeter
Star Kite
FLX Buzzz
FLX Drone

Putter: Pick one...Wizard is my pick
Eco Wizard
Glow Magic

You should realistically be able to cut down to 8 molds, which is reasonable:
Assassin, Destroyer, Starfire, Valk, ExCal, Wasp, Buzz, Wiz
tushamajig13
Tree Magnet