My first bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My first bag

Postby QCdramatown » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:12 pm

I just started up this summer and have been hitting the course 4-5 times a week. I've already gone plastic happy a couple times but the last time i went with the few molds ive become the most familiar with. 4 molds, 10 discs.

Putter drives are about 200' flat, around 240' anny but pretty inaccurate.
buzzzs are goin 250' for me and maybe 270' for the cyclones.

1. stable control driver
D cyclone 168 new
X cyclone 168 new

2. Distance driver

3. understable driver
X cyclone 168 beat

4. semi overstable
same new X cyclone

5. overstable
dx firebird 174

Mids
D Buzzz 178- worn
X Buzzz 178 - tuned stable
X Buzzz 170

Putters
JK aviar 175 -new
JK aviar 175 - worn
Champ BB aviar 161

on deck-
* leopard 171- was my first utility driver, i like the clone for more predictability but this thing will hold anny quite a bit farther
2 dx vikings 170 new & beat - forehand, shots where i dont have the height to throw my clones, but want more D than i would get with the buzzz
11x ce firebird 175- wind crushing tank

Would i be better of at this point in time cutting down to just 1 of each mold that i'm carrying and saving the others for backups or is this alright for a beginner since they are the same molds and i feel like im able to get the most out of them without beating any in too quickly?
QCdramatown
Noob

Postby Eric O » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:34 pm

I don't think carrying a few copies of each mold you like will have any negative effect on your learning curve, if that's what you mean.

That bag setup looks like a good one to learn with. Later down the road you can just add a high speed driver or two and you will have most shots covered.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby QCdramatown » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Yeah thats what i mean, lol. Quite the run on there.
QCdramatown
Noob

Postby garublador » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Very nice. In fact I'd call that ideal for a beginner with the distances you listed. People have done very, very well with similar setups. If you stick with that and learn to work lots of different lines you'll be awesome in no time.

The Cyclones will beat up to do what the Leopard will do for you now. You can add the Vikings once your Cyclones start breaking 320' or so.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby DPJ88 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:29 pm

I think your one of the few newer players who really has grasped the idea of throwing what you can manage and not what others can.

I've seen on a few forums, and my friends included, just going out and buying a wraith or xcalibur or something because it's "the fastest and farthest driver out there". and so many of these people don't want help or advice. it looks like you actually understand where your arm is and have accounted for it. so thumbs up to you.

I wish I had some idea of where to start when I began disc golf, probably would have saved me about 4 months of spinning my wheels
DPJ88
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby QCdramatown » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Well the first disc i actually bought back in may was a pro 175 destroyer, back then i was like bigger rim= bigger d. I lost that thing in a week and started throwing a pro wraith, which went well until i tried throwing some slower stable/understable discs and kept turning them over.

I realized i was just an inaccurate chucker and wasnt even getting that much d so i might as well slow things down and keep every shot on the fairway at least. That and i really hated losing discs when i only had a few.
QCdramatown
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion