Let Me Hear It

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby garublador » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:09 am

If you don't understand and/or agree with this article:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources ... rlap.shtml

I see no reason to post in this forum. I'd post in the, "What's in my bag" thread instead.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby adidadg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 am

x-out wrote:
cmlasley wrote:
x-out wrote:i guess it depends on the definition of a control dirver

Now, don't start that again.

i didn't mean to stir the pot.

if people want to judge a control disc by the diameter of its rim that's great. for me its a case of what i'm capable of doing with the disc that defines its role.

Not here to bash just giving my opinion since thats what your after right?

Im sure you are capable of a number of shots with a destroyer, but keep in mind its one of the fastest discs out there. The faster the disc the more nose angle sensitive it is, chances are you will have even more success with something slower that is going to give more consistent results.

Slower disc = less nose angle sensitive = more likely to give you good results even if you dont throw it perfectly

Like when a ball golfer chooses a 3 or 5 wood over a driver, its much more forgiving and more likely to land in the fairway if he doesnt hit the perfect shot.

If the teebird wasnt doing much for you, maybe try going even a bit slower...Leopards, XL's, gazelles, etc. Entirely up to you but I think it'd be worth a try.

Also what do you do when you need to throw straight? I dont see any straight drivers in there...a slower driver would likely fill this spot too.
adidadg

Re: Let Me Hear It

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:02 am

Yeah, if you are open to input I'd have to say this is a very odd bag. To me a lot of discs look to overlap and there are some holes...there are a lot of shots that if I only had to choose from these discs i would not know what to throw.

Putters: I'd choose the Warlock or Aviar and stick with one. Both are good discs, but they are not that unique from one another.

Mids: The only way I'd carry a Roc and a Cro is if I threw a lot of forehand and backhand midrange shots. I like the Cro for a forehand mid and the Roc as a backhand mid. If you mostly throw one way or the other, I'd pick one.

Control Driver: Ditto what everybody else is saying. No Gazelle/Cyclone/XL/Eagle/TeeBird/Sabre type disc leaves a big hole in your bag.

Distance discs: It seems you have a Destroyer listed in every category. If you have a beat Destroyer you can flip and a Champ Destroyer that will hold a line into the wind, why mess with XCal's and RR's? Just throw Destroyers.

Anyway you can do what you want, just some suggestions.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby x-out » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:32 am

cmlasley wrote:When you step up to a hole, how do you decide which discs to throw? What makes a hole a Destroyer hole or a Roc hole? What do you throw into a 25 mph headwind? Why do I keep asking all these questions? :D

i decide based on distance and the line i need to follow. the choice between a mid and the destroyer is mainly distance, but the roc is capable of holding its turnover line much tighter and longer. i throw the xcal into the 25mph headwind. please keep asking :)

maybe i can snap some pictures of holes where you believe i need to throw the teebird, but can do so with the destroyer :?:
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Re: Let Me Hear It

Postby x-out » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 am

Working Stiff wrote:Putters: I'd choose the Warlock or Aviar and stick with one. Both are good discs, but they are not that unique from one another.

the two mold greatly differ from one another. for putting the warlock can handle the wind much better and is much more stable. then there are the differences off of the tee. the warlock can handle power throws while the aviar needs hyzer to hold the same line.

the aviar only comes out on the longest of jump puts or when the disc needs to land flat on a slopped green. i have a fresh warlock for inside the circle and a seasoned one for outside. that is why i carry both in my bag.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby SiDeArM jUnKiE » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:42 am

What distances are you use each disc for?
The glare from my head will blind you
SiDeArM jUnKiE
Tree Magnet

Postby x-out » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:54 am

SiDeArM jUnKiE wrote:What distances are you use each disc for?

putters depending on the celling 325
the mids are around 360
drivers anywhere in the range of 310-450

posted distances are not internet padded :lol:
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby adidadg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:00 pm

x-out wrote:
SiDeArM jUnKiE wrote:What distances are you use each disc for?

putters depending on the celling 325
the mids are around 360
drivers anywhere in the range of 310-450

posted distances are not internet padded :lol:

:shock:
Shouldnt you be on a winner's podium somewhere?
adidadg

Postby x-out » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:28 pm

adidadg wrote: :shock:
Shouldnt you be on a winner's podium somewhere?

sometime soon i hope. it doesn't look like i'll be participating in as many tourneys as i'd like to in the next 2yrs. i'm moving 4 my masters degree and a new job that won't allow me much travel time 4 golf.

in my 3rd tournament ever, 1st time in advanced am's, i won the so cal championship tourney 8) and in my 5th tournament, 1st pro NT i cashed with a poor performance. i'm steadily improving my game and would love to enter as many tourneys as possible, but my schedule doesn't always allow 4 this.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion