Reed's Bag - Any Holes in Sight?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Reed's Bag - Any Holes in Sight?

Postby mattshustack » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Last edited by mattshustack on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattshustack
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby frennis524 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:44 pm

judging by the 150 class discs and the shark I would say you are probably a beginner. if this is the case i would go with

167 Dx Gazelle
170 Dx Roc
any putter between 165-170
and if neccessary a Dx Teebird around 167 to grow into and use in the wind
frennis524
Tree Magnet

Postby mattshustack » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:47 pm

I'm not actually a beginner. I have been playing for around four years now and am starting to have a pretty wide range of throws. I've always been a little bit of a minimalist. The light discs are just because I received a group of them as a gift. I actually love the Aviar Putter but besides that the other two are crap. I'm looking for a new midrange. What do you reccommend?
mattshustack
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby reed » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:24 pm

First i will start by saying that i was the person who actually started this thread. i was signed in under my friends name. Anyways, i just lost my CE Valkyrie a couple of days ago and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what to do. It was by far my favorite disc.
reed
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Valk

Postby Grayson » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:04 pm

First off, I'd say drop the DX Archangel, that disc is not gonna improve anyone's game, it'll teach you nothing about good techique. It's a crappy shortcut for beginners to gain extra distance, but is probably the most unpredictable disc in Innova's line up. The leopard and valkyrie should do everything better than the Archangel.

You're missing a moderately overstable driver or a slower stable pig. I'm sure the XCal might fill this role, and if you can throw it predicably every time, I guess keep it, but i'd suggest a Z Avenger, ESP Predator, or a Firebird to fill your overstable role. These discs will be more controllable and break in very nicely.

The SL is an ok driver, but I find that the Pro Starfire is a better flyer, but the ESP Flash is a similar disc that stays predicatible for longer, and seems a little more versitle.

A 150 shark might do for now for your midrange, but I'd suggest something a little heavier, especially if any wind kicks up. Give a heavier shark a shot or maybe something easy to throw like a D Buzzz a shot.

Unless your living in Japan, I don't recommend a 150 putter either. But your bag is unorthodox on a whole as well, so maybe you have your reasons for these discs and are attached to them. I would still give heavier putters and mids a try unless you have medical reasons, are young, or some other issue. 150 drivers are great, but when your talking mids and putters, you're talking accuarcy, and 150 class discs in general cannot be relied on always to provide you with that kind of accuarcy. Some ppl are deadly with 150 discs, but 150 discs are a little tougher to throw in the wind or on accuracy lines.
Grayson
2008 DGR Donator

Postby reed » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks for the advice. My bag has been changing a lot lately and probably will continue to. First, I lost the valkyrie so scratch that. Second, I don't really ever throw the Arch, just have it in the bag cause there's space. Third, the shark is on it's way out, deciding between a Buzzz and a Roc (Anyone have advice?). Fourth, as for putting, I used to have good luck with my 150 aviar but recently my putting has completely fallen apart as has the rest of my game to some extent. Thinking of just getting a heavier aviar p&a but i'm not sure. I also have a Soft Magnet but it's warped pretty badly so it basically has no range. I'm not even sure about the xcaliber. i just ordered it and it hasn't come yet. We'll see on that.
reed
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Valk

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion