C. B's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

C. B's bag

Postby C. B. » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Started playing seriously on Jan. 1, 2008. Thanks to help from this site, I'm averaging 2 under on my home course. Average 320' with my Eagles and max around 400' with the big drivers in open field.

1. Stable Control Drivers
Champ Eagle X
Star Eagle X
DX Eagle L

2. Distance Drivers
SOLF

3. Understable Driver
MOLF-beat

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
QOLF
SOLF

5. Very Overstable Driver
Z Predator

Mids:
DX Roc - Rancho
DX Roc - San Marino

Approach:
Glow Wizard
Eco Wizard

Putter:
Glow Magic

11 discs in a Revo Mini

Once I got bit by the DG addiction bug, I wanted to try every disc and bought tons of plastic that is now sitting in storage tubs. I've really eliminated disc overlap and reduced number of molds.

I tried a one disc round at my home course and it really opened my eyes. I played with one SS Wizard and shot 1 over. I was consistantly driving right at 300' with my putter. I had no idea that was possible. It made me realize I don't have to automatically reach for the big drivers on every hole. I get plenty of distance with my Eagles and can control them much better than faster discs.
Last edited by C. B. on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C. B.
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby garublador » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 am

Excellent bag. I wish I had the smarts to pick a bag like that after 8 months of playing.

The only thing I'd watch out for is using the Magic as a main putter right off the bat. In general it's OK if you want to use it as long as you can putt well with the Wizard, too. In the calm, you'll want to be able to putt equally with both from inside 30'. Otherwise you'll get stuck in a situation where the Magic won't work well (windy day) and you'll end up either putting with a putter you aren't as familiar with or using one that's not so good in the wind. Trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby C. B. » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks, that makes sense.

Fortunately, because of this board, I did start out putting with a wizard and still do in back yard practice. I like the feel of the magic in my hand and have had good luck with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to use the SS wizard when windy.
C. B.
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Postby C. B. » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am

Update:
Trying out the Q Sent/QMS midrange setup. So far I like the consistant fade of the sent, and the smooth accuracy of the QMS. Anyone else use these for their mids?

1. Stable Control Drivers
Champ Eagle X
Star Eagle X
DX Eagle L

2. Distance Drivers
SOLF

3. Understable Driver
MOLF-beat

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
QOLF
SOLF

5. Very Overstable Driver