Getting There but has a huge hole

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Getting There but has a huge hole

Postby frennis524 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:45 pm

Stable Control Driver
170 Star Eagle (newish)

Understable
170 Star Eagle (Beatish)

Midrange
180 KC Pro Roc (newish)
180 Dx Roc (Used, but I want to beat in a KC)

Putter
I have used Avair, but it hits my fingers and goes astray a lot and I don't like the grip....I really want a shallower maybe faster putter....I know a Dx Shark isn't a putter but what do you guys think

Distance Driver
The courses I have played only need the Eagle which I can put up 380 consistently and 400 often, but I was wondering what I should Stick in

Overstable
172 Star Monster

Thanks
frennis524
Tree Magnet

Postby GorillaTactics » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:54 pm

Actually looks like a pretty good, basic bag. What shots do you feel like you're missing with that selection of discs? If you have a used Roc it will fly similar to your Shark, but more awesome. :D

Which Aviar do you have? Does it have a big bead on the bottom? You could try a beadless putter like the Warlock or something. Just pick a bunch up and go with what feels good in your hand. There are a lot of great putters out there and one will be comfortable for you.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby latitude » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:09 am

If you want a shallower maybe faster putter then Spike from Latitude 64 is the right way to go :wink:
latitude
Fairway Surgeon

Postby tumpsi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:45 am

...and if you want a shallower beaded putter, Wizard would be a good weapon of choice.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Getting There but has a huge hole

Postby garublador » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:54 am

frennis524 wrote:Putter
I have used Avair, but it hits my fingers and goes astray a lot and I don't like the grip....I really want a shallower maybe faster putter....I know a Dx Shark isn't a putter but what do you guys think
I think it will really limit how good of a putter you can be. If you already can put really well with a normal putter and choose to use a mid then it's OK. If you are forced to use a mid to be able to putt well then you're better off learning to use a putter.

If you don't have any preference for a moderatly overstable driver and distance driver and want to stick to minimalism then I'd suggest finding a disc that will work for both if used in different beatnesses and/or different plastics. The OLF, Avenger and Starfire-x all seem to fit this criteria.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Eric O » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 am

This is my bag almost exactly, except that I throw Preds instead of Monsters. I also have a couple other driver molds in there, but a pair of Star Eagles are the core. Since we seem to like the same discs, I can safely say that you should save yourself the trouble of auditioning other putters and just go directly to Wizards in either Soft and Medium or just Mediums.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Getting There but has a huge hole

Postby adidadg » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:49 am

frennis524 wrote:Stable Control Driver
170 Star Eagle (newish)

Understable
170 Star Eagle (Beatish)

Midrange
180 KC Pro Roc (newish)
180 Dx Roc (Used, but I want to beat in a KC)

Putter

Distance Driver
The courses I have played only need the Eagle which I can put up 380 consistently and 400 often, but I was wondering what I should Stick in

Overstable
172 Star Monster

Thanks

The Orion LF kind of flies like a faster Eagle, except maybe with a bit more high speed turn.... you might like it for a distance driver (I love throwing mine).

If you want a low-profile putter I would go for something smaller in diameter like an XD or Classic Roc. However a deeper putter will give you better results in the long run though. Have you tried a Banger GT? the groove top kind of gives it the feel of a low profile putter, it might work for you.
adidadg

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion