Puddleduck's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Puddleduck's bag

Postby Puddleduck » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:53 am

I'm an advanced beginner (been playing about 8 months).

At first I was throwing all kinds of different discs, and then about 4 months ago I narrowed down to this set which I've been using almost exclusively:

172 DX Gazelle (newish)
168 DX Gazelle (beat)
165 - 170 DX Roc (beat) - rotate a couple of discs in this slot
165 Glow Wizard

A couple months ago I lost my newish gazelle and replaced it with a 170 DX Eagle ... which I love.

Now the eagle is starting to get beat to the point where it will hold anny lines (RHBH) well so I've almost stopped throwing the gazelle. The Eagle is my go to driver for almost everything over 300' ... but is starting to get too flippy for hyzer lines.

So I'm looking for a more stable disc to add to my arsenal. I already own a DX Teebird, but haven't thrown it much ... is that a good addition or should I just get another eagle? (Need to do that anyway I guess and start rotating them.)

I like carrying just 4 discs because that way I don't need to mess with a bag or a mini (just plunk the 3 discs I'm not throwing down on my lie) so versatility is a must in my discs.

I also sidearm a fair amount approach shots with my eagle (in the 150 - 250 range it just depends on what kind of fade I want when choosing that vs. the Roc.)

Thanks in advance for the advice! This site has been massively helpful in building my addiction to the game.
Puddleduck
Noob

Postby adidadg » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:00 pm

A Star or Champion Plastic Eagle will be more stable than your DX Eagle, and will hold that stability for a long time, it might be worth a try.

Your teebird will fill the slot well enough for now, but as it gets beat up it will get very straight and not be the best for hyzer lines.
adidadg

Postby mattshustack » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am

I'll second a Star Eagle, it's the most versatile disc in my bag. But if you're looking for the most versatility with the least discs, you're going to have some overlap with the Eagle and the Gazelles. I would recommend also getting something faster than the Eagle and just dropping both Gazelles. I'd recommend a Wraith, Surge, or Destroyer.
mattshustack
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion