a-rons bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

a-rons bag

Postby a-ron7 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Distance drivers:
champion wraith- 178 new for long hyzers
star wraith-175 beat for hyzer flips or long gentle turn over

Overstable Drivers:
champion wraith- 178 new
kc pro 12x whippet- 171 slightly beat but still turns hard

Stable control Driver:
KC pro 11x teebird- 172 slightly worn still very stable

Understable:
Star sl- 171 quite beat hyzer flip to dead straight
champion beast- 178g brand new (havent thrown much- not sure about it)
champion roadrunner- 175 slightly worn rollers and long hard turnovers

fairway drivers:
Champion leopard 171- beat but still very consistennt gentle turn over from flat or straight from hyzer
kc pro 11x gazelle174- beat almost to straight still slightly stable (most likely removing because my rocs do everything it can)

Midrange:
star ontario roc-176 stable to understable
champion rancho roc- 180 brand new very stable

Putters:
Jk pro aviar-x -175 beat great off tee hyzer to straight with no fade also main putter inside 30 or in wind
KC pro aviar- 168 brand new long puts and tee shots needing a little more stability

what do you think?
a-ron7
Noob

Re: a-rons bag

Postby Banzai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 am

I 'm not sure I see a need for your beat Star Wraith, a Star SL, and a Champ. Beast. Looks like some overlap there.

Also, why do you carry a teebird, leo, and a gazelle? I carry two of those (TB and GZ) but I'm curious as to how you use them.

I would say, keep the champ wraith as your mod. overstable, and your whippet for you very overstable. Then use your beat star wraith as your distance driver, and your Roadrunner for your understable slot. Drop the SL and Beast (they aren't the greatest molds anyway...)

Fairway drivers, I would say there's some overlap, and so you may want to get rid of one or two molds. I suppose it would depend how far you're throwing.

Mids = good
Putters = good

That's just my opinion.
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: a-rons bag

Postby Triplebogey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:25 pm

a-ron7 wrote:Distance drivers:
champion wraith- 178 new for long hyzers
star wraith-175 beat for hyzer flips or long gentle turn over

Good

Overstable Drivers:
champion wraith- 178 new
kc pro 12x whippet- 171 slightly beat but still turns hard

I'd drop both of these and replace them with a Firebird/Monster/Max

Stable control Driver:
KC pro 11x teebird- 172 slightly worn still very stable

Good

Understable:
Star sl- 171 quite beat hyzer flip to dead straight
champion beast- 178g brand new (havent thrown much- not sure about it)
champion roadrunner- 175 slightly worn rollers and long hard turnovers

There's a lot of overlap between the Beast and SL (if I'm not mistaken, the SL and Beast have the same bottom) Get rid of both and Keep teh Roadrunner.

fairway drivers:
Champion leopard 171- beat but still very consistennt gentle turn over from flat or straight from hyzer
kc pro 11x gazelle174- beat almost to straight still slightly stable (most likely removing because my rocs do everything it can)

These all seem to overlap with discs you already have.

Midrange:
star ontario roc-176 stable to understable
champion rancho roc- 180 brand new very stable

Good

Putters:
Jk pro aviar-x -175 beat great off tee hyzer to straight with no fade also main putter inside 30 or in wind
KC pro aviar- 168 brand new long puts and tee shots needing a little more stability

Good
My trades

I suck at Disc Golf, therefore I can't afford to carry discs that suck.
Triplebogey
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 150 Class Aero

Postby a-ron7 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:34 pm

i definantly agree the sl beast and beat wraith are very similar. The main reason is that the wraith just recently started going understable on me (which i like). I lost the SL for a week or so and got the beast to replace it but to my surprise the SL was returned. I lovee to hyzer-flip but for some reason i feel like the wraith doesnt like to do it as much or as well as the sl. Is this just mental?

As for fairway drivers, as of now i dropped the gazelle because i got a new Champ Roc. It was only in my bag for a while becuase i felt i flew pretty similar to my lost champ roc at low speeds. I use the leopard for low power straight shots or turnovers around 300-350 where as my roadrunner is for turn overs longer or more drastic.

As far as over stable drivers, I like the whippet for skips and forehand shots out of tough places. would a firebird do this equally or better? i have been wanting a champ or star whippet for a while, but if the firebird would do it better i think that may be a smarter option based on the availabilty

thanks for the input
a-ron7
Noob

Postby SiDeArM jUnKiE » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:45 am

a-ron7 wrote:As far as over stable drivers, I like the whippet for skips and forehand shots out of tough places. would a firebird do this equally or better? i have been wanting a champ or star whippet for a while, but if the firebird would do it better i think that may be a smarter option based on the availabilty

thanks for the input
The Firebird is longer that the Whippet and the Whippet skips better then the Firebird.

I carry both because I throw them sidearm and thumber. Sidearm I throw the Whippet for anything 250' and in and the Firebird for 250' to 300'. Thumbers it depends on what I need it to do. Whippet turns slower and is alittle longer. Firebird turns quickly and is great for tunnel shots and pancake shots.

I would go with Star for either one.
The glare from my head will blind you
SiDeArM jUnKiE
Tree Magnet

Postby a-ron7 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:35 am

ok i finally found a star whippet for cheap and i decided to just drop the beast and sl and force my beat wraith into their place. so now its looking like:

Distance drivers:
star wraith-175

Overstable Drivers:
champion wraith- 178 new
star whippet- 175

Stable control Driver:
KC pro 11x teebird- 172

Understable:
champion roadrunner- 175

fairway drivers:
Champion leopard- 171

Midrange:
star ontario roc-176
champion rancho roc- 180

Putters:
Jk pro aviar-x -175
KC pro aviar- 168

I dont really see a need for a firebird because i can easily get my whippets 300-350. i will however be trying out a monster soon for super long hyzers because my heavy wraith will only be stable enough for so much longer
a-ron7
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion