My humble little Bag...

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My humble little Bag...

Postby Jsw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:30 pm

174g Champ. Firebird(Hyzers, Thumbers, Tomahawks, etc)

171g DX Teebird(Lazer-straight drives)

2x 175g DX rocs(nuff' said, might add a third soon)

171g SS Warlock(Black for good luck)

5 discs, 4 molds - Plays well in wind. Might add another fairway driver like an Eagle-X, but we'll see. I *had* an super-beat Orc for turn-over drives but I lent it to a buddy and he threw it about 340 feet down a wooded hill and I haven't dug it out yet.

Any suggestions? I like to keep it simple. It's fun trying to flex shots with technique as appose to having a disc specifically for each - I know many will disagree with this but its what makes me happy 8)
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Re: My humble little Bag...

Postby Beetard » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:50 pm

Jsw wrote:1

Any suggestions? I like to keep it simple. It's fun trying to flex shots with technique as appose to having a disc specifically for each - I know many will disagree with this but its what makes me happy 8)

Totally. The less discs I carry the more fun I have. Being able to control discs well, throw them at the correct angle for their stability and make them go where you want, and having a wide variety of shots is what disc golf is all about.

Are all the courses you play short enough you can drive all the holes with a Teebird?

If not, I would pick up a heavy dx valk and get another orc. Champion orcs are my favorite disc.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby Jsw » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:03 pm

Beetard wrote:
Jsw wrote:1

Totally. The less discs I carry the more fun I have. Being able to control discs well, throw them at the correct angle for their stability and make them go where you want, and having a wide variety of shots is what disc golf is all about.

Are all the courses you play short enough you can drive all the holes with a Teebird?

If not, I would pick up a heavy dx valk and get another orc. Champion orcs are my favorite disc.

I have a heavy Champ Valk, I just haven't put it in the bag because I get about the same distance with my TB for whatever reason. That champ Orc my buddy lost was a good distance driver when Hyzer-flipped though, hopefully I can hike down that hill and find it.
Jsw

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:20 am

Jsw wrote:Might add another fairway driver like an Eagle-X,

I've got a couple you can get from me on the cheap if you want to try em out.
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Jsw » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:45 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:

Word, you want to play a round sometime? I've been hitting up P-tap when I can. But I've been busy as hell lately.
Jsw

Postby Beetard » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Peoples on this message board have told me that dx valks fly like 30% farther than champ valks. Max weight ones will be the most durable too. A light one will get flippy after a few rounds and a few tree hits, but a 175 will last more like 20 rounds and 20 tree hits.

Valks are really a disc for long open holes, so if that's what you're using them for, and you're not doing spike hyzers and thumbers with them, they'll last.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby Jsw » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:30 am

Oh right on, I'll look to trade for one then.

Just added a fresh 180g DX Roc to the bag. That puts me at 3 rocs, and this one will be obviously take over the overstable slot now that my 2nd roc is getting seasoned.

So I have my putter & mid situations found out. As well as my overstable driver slot.

I feel like tinkering with my fairway/utility driver slot. I like my DX teebird but It doesn't seem to be very versatile, which is big for me since I dont like to have a shitton of molds
Jsw

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 am

Jsw wrote:
uNicedmeMan wrote:

Word, you want to play a round sometime? I've been hitting up P-tap when I can. But I've been busy as hell lately.

Sure! I got out to ptap like two weeks ago and it was maybe the first time this summer. It looks great and the blue tees kicked my ass. Can't do it this weekend though because I'll be partying at PAWPAW!! If you aren't doing anything you should do that too.
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jsw » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:
Jsw wrote:
uNicedmeMan wrote:

Sure! I got out to ptap like two weeks ago and it was maybe the first time this summer. It looks great and the blue tees kicked my ass. Can't do it this weekend though because I'll be partying at PAWPAW!! If you aren't doing anything you should do that too.

I'm actually headed down to Carolina Beach this weekend for one last surf & booze sesh before the summer is over, can't believe Labor Day is already here :cry:

I'll shoot you a PM when I get back and I'm headed to Ptap.
Last edited by Jsw on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jsw

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:15 am

8)
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion