Adam's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Adam's Bag

Postby Tschink345 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:23 pm

Ok, this is my first post so forgive me if I screw this up.

I am mainly a right hand back hand player and my max golf D is 300'. I am trying to go for a minimalist aproach and would enjoy any adivce that any of you have. This is my current set up in a carolina and I just got a mini today for the days when I'm looking to carry less. Thanks in advance.

1. Stable Control Driver:
168 Seasoned DX Teebird
168 New Glow Teebird
175 Beat Champ Teebird
168 New Champ Teebird
175 Seasoned JLS (testing)

2. Distance Driver:
166 Beat DX Valkyrie (rolling)
169 New DX Valkyrie
172 New Champ Valkyrie

3. Understable Driver:
169 New DX Valkyrie (from above)
172 New Champ Valkyrie (from above)

4. Moderatly Overstable Driver:
168 New Champ Teebird (from above)
175 Beat Champ Teebird (from above)

5. Very Overstable Driver:
166 Seasoned Champ Firebird (for overhand, forehand rollers)
168 New Champ Firebird (for overhand, flicks, and hyzer shots)

Mids:
166 Beat DX Roc (turnover and hyzerflip)
172 Seasoned DX Roc (stable)
174 New DX Roc (overstable)
160 New DX Ontario Roc (testing)
180 Thrashed DX Cobra (trick, get me out of trouble, don't want to take it out of my bag just because disc)

Putters:
2 168 SS Wizard (1 beat, 1 fresh) (inside the circle)
170 New Organic Wizard (outside the circle approaches and jump putts)
167 Seasoned Evolution Wizard (Driving)

Any comments are welcome and apreciated. Thanks for your opinions and time. Take it easy.

Adam T.
Last edited by Tschink345 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tschink345
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Jsw » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 pm

You sir, have a shitload of discs!

Just messing, looks like a pretty solid bag. 8)
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby SiDeArM jUnKiE » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:59 am

If you have a turnover Roc why do you need a thashed Cobra?
The glare from my head will blind you
SiDeArM jUnKiE
Tree Magnet

Postby metal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:41 am

just cause
metal
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Re: Adam's Bag

Postby garublador » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 am

Tschink345 wrote:I am mainly a right hand back hand player and my max golf D is 300'.
It looks like you definitely understand the overlap article and that's very good. If you're happy with how far you throw then you're probabaly good.

However, I'd recommend an "even more minimalist" approach if you would like to gain D. I'd spend some time getting more distance out of the JLS, Rocs and Wizards. Teebirds are great discs, but I find they aren't very forgiving and can be difficult to learn with. Concentrate on gradually higher, nose down shots with minimal effort. As you D starts getting closer to a consistant 320' with the JLS I'd start working in the Valks. The shots don't need to be as high, but they need to be nose down. With paitence, a willingness to break your form down and start over and a few questions in the Technique section you'll be getting those Teebirds out to 350' before too long. Seeing as you don't mind taking written advice I don't see this being horribly difficult if you have the paitence to work out any issues you have.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Looks like you have the minimalist thing down pretty well and understand the value of a disc that feels good in the hand that you are familiar with. Just 5 main molds....I like it.

GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Tschink345 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Okay, great comments so far, so thanks for the adivice to those who gave it. I would love to get more distance out of my throw so I am going to start reading through the technique section and work on breading down my thow and correcting the issues in my form. I'll put the teebirds and valks on hold while I do that and work with the other slower, more forgiving discs and put them back in when I feel comfortable. Thanks for the advice thus far and keep it comming if you have any other things that you think I should check out and work on.

Thanks. Take it easy.

Adam T.
Tschink345
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby GorillaTactics » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 pm

I say keep throwing the teebirds....they are a true stable, controllable disc that will be good for learning your form. Honestly, you probably don't need to change your bag too much to work on your form...one of the most recommended learning drivers is the teebird, and the Valk is considered a pretty controllable distance driver...

I would read the articles about grip, snap, etc. on the main DGR page, and work with what you have.
GorillaTactics
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby JR » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:21 am

A Teebird isn't the most versatile disc for learning but in the long run over your career it's a great yardstick because you won't outgrow it and it's difficult to replace. It's stood the test of time.

It masks some errors like OAT or of axis torque which is immensely helpful when you get rid of it. Lot's of info about that on the forum. On the other hand getting a TB to fly straight is a good exercise and needs some snap. Learning to throw hyzer flips is something that the TB is not that great for. Also it masks user errors in windy weather quite well.

This all depends on the wear, plastic and weight of the TB. They change a lot.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion