Rusch Bags Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Rusch Bags Bag

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Also after a very frustrating past year filled with injuries, I have gotten my distance back finally. I have thrown the destroyers 460 in the past week and parked a 435 foot hole on a golf line with a destroyer so that felt good. Still working on approaches, putting, and just finesse shots in general. Hope to get back to playing 990 golf consistently again like I did the 5 tournaments before I messed up my back.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Might as well update this. I sold of every other mold that I owned besides these so I am stuck with these discs.

Wizards
Rocs
Leopard
Teebird
Firebird
Destroyers
PD2
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 pm

God damn I hate myself. Sold everything off and now I tried a few latitude and affiliate discs and I am itching to try them all. Really liking the increased glide that they have compared to a lot of other companies. Can any of you help me out with the creating of a latitude/westside/dd bag to save me a little money? I know that I will be using the mercy as my putter and that I will have giants in there, but the rest is really open for suggestions. I already have a couple saints on the way, but I am completely oblivious to all of their mids and I need something that goes far to compliment my giants. I was thinking of trying the trespass maybe. Help?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:44 pm

No DD experience so far but the Cores vary and so do many others and the Warship id long and good for understable. Rivers are like more HSS Leos with longer legs and Saints are closer to Eagles. Some Strikers are probably good but again variance... Halos are probably long and HSS enough for you for D. They do have longer but less predictable discs like VIP tall dome high PLH Kings (others are rollers like the Bolts). Spike is very understable but nice in putting if you have short fingers and Sinuses are great overstable putters especially for drives. Swan 2 is very Omega SS like. Unfortunately i have not encountered any discs any other disc that would cut through the chains as much as those do when it is below freezing. Black ones are tackier than others and pretty good in that aspect. I picked up the most overstable kind of light Northmen so my experiences vary some but i do have a max weight VIP too. Not bad as a driver at all.At your power i'd stay at 170 and above.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Thanks JR
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Well after trying a lot of Latitude/westside/DD I have learned that I like the mercy, the saint, and the giant. I an undecided on the trespass still, but the mids were unimpressive, the striker was inconsistent, the havoc and bolt could only be thrown in a tailwind, the trident was just weird, and I have too many firebirds to throw the XXX. I think I am putting rocs back in, I want to see what the stag does, but I think I am going to use the Stag/Saint combo, and go with giants and destroyers or maybe cannons. Is rocs to saints to big of a gap?

TLDR
Mercys
Rocs
Saints
Stags
Either the cannon, trespass, or destroyer
Giants
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:21 am

The Stag was described as a Stratus like disc by the owner of the company.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:48 am

The numbers don't make it sound like that at all. It has a 0 for hss.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 am

Yep. I have not thrown it but have held a sample in the Finnish season opener and it was a prototype.

It has a softer and tackier blend than older VIP molds so it's tackier for less gripping power need and it might very well fly 0 HSS for what i know at newb power. It probably is geared toward new players because when the owner of Westside was a disc seller he sold Strati for beginning players for straight shots. And Omega SSs as putters more than anything else and it was the best selling putter in Finland for years so no wonder that Swans are not far off of Omega SSs.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby PMantle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

Stag looks like a Teebird.

Stag

Stratus
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby rusch_bag » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:12 pm

It better not fly like a stratus. It looks like it has the numbers of a tsunami. It better not flip on me.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby 7ontheline » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 pm

I think JR meant:

Stratus = Tursas (new westside understable mid)

I'd recommend a Boatman for longer eagle, more stable less glidy wraith type flight. Greg Barsby filcks them well. VIP plastic for bigger wind days but a max Tournament shouldn't turn without a headwind.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:16 am

Not having thrown a Stag i can only go with what the owner of Westside told me. Isn't the Stag speed 5? In Latitude driver world the speed is one number higher than the same wing width with Innova so i can not see how the Stag would compare to a Teebird numbers wise. Those pictures of the Stag flight vs Stratus have 50' distance difference between those two. i have a hard time believing that. The Stratus is super flippy but it can go far for a mid if it flips to flat. That needs almost vertical initial angle for power throws. I have not heard from anyone about how the Stag flies.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Oops i meant the Tursas is the Stratus like mid according to the owner of Westside Discs. The Stag seemed like a 1 mm wider winged Eagle from the wing profile and the dome height.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 pm

While the stag isn't the disc you thought it was I still heard it has some turn in it if you throw it hard which is still not what I was hoping for. Probably just sticking with teebirds.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion