VADiscGolfer's Bag...

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

VADiscGolfer's Bag...

Postby VADISCgolfer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 pm

[1.] Drivers

overstable Champion Banshee. 169g

overstable DX Banshee. 171g

understable Champion, Juliana Korver ,Valkyrie. 171g

[2.] Mid-Range

stable Star Shark. 172g

"flippy" Pro Shark. 174g (used as [3.] putter)

"beat" DX, Ontario,Roc. 180g

[3.] Putters

"flippy" Pro Shark. 174g (Main putter; same as above)

DGA Blowfly II

What do you think?
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:05 am

I would suggest adding a less overstable fairway driver, ie: Teebird, TL, Eagle, XL, Cyclone, etc. etc.

And putting with a midrange may be working for the time being, but after enough long comebacks due to glide-bys, you'll want to add a stable putter to your bag.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby roadkill » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 am

ferretdance03 wrote:I would suggest adding a less overstable fairway driver, ie: Teebird, TL, Eagle, XL, Cyclone, etc. etc.

And putting with a midrange may be working for the time being, but after enough long comebacks due to glide-bys, you'll want to add a stable putter to your bag.

I concur. What he said

You need to bridge the gap between overstable driver and your mid. You need a neutral stability driver of choice like the examples Brad listed.
I'm not real familiar with the Pro Shark or your putting style but a traditional type putter like an aviar, challenger, omega, wizard, x puttr may allow you to run putts and minimize the distance of comebacks.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby VADISCgolfer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:29 am

I used to throw a DX teebird, but it became so badly damaged I had to frame it on my wall. It has holes in it and everything.

Should I get another DX Teebird, or Champion? Should I get a max weight or what?

Doesn't a stable disc like a teebird just become an understable disc after hitting a couple of trees (esp. DX plastic - pun)?

Isn't my Stable Star Shark throwable off the tee just like a stable driver?

I don't have many "glide-bys" using my Shark to putt, but now that you mentioned it I probably will.
example "What the heck is a wormburner man whatever"... *thro* "OH THATS a wormburner, crap."

I have a little DX stable putter of some kind in my bag now, I just never throw it since someone just gave it to me. I'm not really used to it, yet.
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Postby roadkill » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:10 am

Personally I don't care for Champion plastic, especially for discs you need accuracy and control. If you don't like the way DX beats in I'd suggest Star plastic, as it is more durable than DX but has less low speed fade, better feel and I believe more controllable. I picked up a Star Roadrunner recently and I really like it, if you want greater high speed stability than I imagine a Star Teebird should serve you well.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby VADISCgolfer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Does a Star Teebird feel like a driver? Does it feel close to a DX? Small diameter really.

I get grip-lock with Star plastic a lot.
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:32 pm

VADISCgolfer wrote:Does a Star Teebird feel like a driver? Does it feel close to a DX? Small diameter really.

I get grip-lock with Star plastic a lot.

It feels like a driver to me. 90% of my drives (with drivers) are with a Star Teebird. It's good to about 385' with a slight hyzer finish.
Champ Teebirds start off and stay more stable for longer than Star.

A Shark can obviously be thrown off the tee, but it depends on what kind of line you need/want to throw. A driver can be thrown on a lot lower lines and still maintain it's speed. If you try to throw a Shark on a 8' line drive, it is likely to not end up well.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby VADISCgolfer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:41 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:It's good to about 385' with a slight hyzer finish.

heh, I can't throw but about 270' foot. And that's rare.

I might just pick up a DX Teebird. (like I had.)

Thanks, and if you have any response to this, feel free post it.
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion