Starter bag recomendation?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Starter bag recomendation?

Postby Donkey Hunter » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:39 am

I have been playing DG for about a year now, not seriously maybe a few times a month. In the last month I have begun to play a lot more probably 3-5 times a week. I have a cobra, in the cheaper plastic, a spider in the same as well as a polecat. I also have a discraft xl esp and an elite z magnet as well as a supersoft omega.

I need a bag that is good for a beginer to work on form, right now if i get everything right the cobra might reach 300ft, while the xl seems to go left and nose up.

Any recomendations?
Donkey Hunter
Noob

Re: Starter bag recomendation?

Postby cmlasley » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Donkey Hunter wrote:cobra, spider, esp XL, supersoft omega.

Keep working with the Cobra until you are consistently getting it out to about 300'. Use your XL for headwinds, sidearm, and overhead shots. When you are having good success with the Cobra, switch to the XL as your main driver and get a Gazelle or Cyclone as your headwind disc. Use the Spider for a mid (as long as it's in DX its a pretty decent mid); putt, drive, and approach with the Omega. Maybe use the Z Magnet as a driver, too. I think that's a decent beginner's bag and you don't really need anymore discs yet.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby Donkey Hunter » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:48 pm

The plastic on the innova discs is the cheap version that you can buy at wal-mart. My cobra is looking pretty chewed up do to trees.

This may not be the right place, but I have found a few drills to practice, does anyone have any more? My problems are mainly with the smoothness of my x-xtep and the timing.
Donkey Hunter
Noob

Postby cmlasley » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Donkey Hunter wrote:The plastic on the innova discs is the cheap version that you can buy at wal-mart.

Which also happens to be the best plastic for learning to throw discs.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby Donkey Hunter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 am

cmlasley wrote:
Donkey Hunter wrote:The plastic on the innova discs is the cheap version that you can buy at wal-mart.

Which also happens to be the best plastic for learning to throw discs.

Good news then! I found BlakeT article on driving, going to try and build the best foundation I can.

After following the learning curve in paintball, and archery; i'm more than humble enough to realize the advice of experienced players. I hope to make my learning curve in DG as easy as possible, while not developing bad habits.
Donkey Hunter
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion