Revamped Making the Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Revamped Making the Bag

Postby JKP » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:37 am

Overstable Driver FH
Star Max 172

Distance Driver
3x Wraith cfr, star, dx worn differently

Straight Drives
Star TL 168

Understable Driver
Champ Monarch 166

Mid
Pro D Wasp

Putters
Magic Soft
Wizard Soft

Auditioning:
Star TeeRex FH
Dx Destroyer FH
Inferno BH
Last edited by JKP on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby JKP » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:39 am

opinions wanted*
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Postby colombo117 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:46 pm

What do you think of the avenger ss so far?
I am a big fan of the Z and X molds.
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Re: Making the bag

Postby Banzai » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Opinions will probably depend on how far you are throwing. Max and wraiths are super-fast nose angle sensitive discs. If you're in the 300-350 range, probably have no need for these, and you'd do better with slower discs. And there's no need to audition the Destroyer, TeeRex, Inferno, Raging Inferno.

TL and Teebird probably overlap a bit. More so once the TB beats in. Beast and Monarch probably overlap a lot (but again it depends how far you're throwing. @ 325' they are pretty similar. @ 400' I'm sure the Monarch is a lot less stable than the beast?) Avenger SS will probably overlap with both molds.

Swap out the Wasp for a Roc! (j/k) Your putters are a little idiosyncratic, more midrange style. What do you throw on a <200' hole? You may like the Wizard better for driving short holes.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: Making the bag

Postby JKP » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 pm

im in the 300-350 range bh, fh is about 50 further.. The max is only used on windy days. I was thinking the teerex for my overstable on most days. The wraith is my best distance disc.

As far as tl overlap tee bird.. its basically the tbird is the tl's backup incase i lose it.

Beast does a better s curve, it goes right and actually has a decent fade back. Where the monarch goes right and often doesnt come back or barely does. Avenger SS is like the beast i was just seeing if i preferred it over it.

Putters Wizard overstable and the aviar classic just holds the line. 200 under i had been using a cro, leaning more on the wasp now.. been working with the wiz some too.. its soft and broken in though.

banzai7 wrote:Opinions will probably depend on how far you are throwing. Max and wraiths are super-fast nose angle sensitive discs. If you're in the 300-350 range, probably have no need for these, and you'd do better with slower discs. And there's no need to audition the Destroyer, TeeRex, Inferno, Raging Inferno.

TL and Teebird probably overlap a bit. More so once the TB beats in. Beast and Monarch probably overlap a lot (but again it depends how far you're throwing. @ 325' they are pretty similar. @ 400' I'm sure the Monarch is a lot less stable than the beast?) Avenger SS will probably overlap with both molds.

Swap out the Wasp for a Roc! (j/k) Your putters are a little idiosyncratic, more midrange style. What do you throw on a <200' hole? You may like the Wizard better for driving short holes.
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Postby SiDeArM jUnKiE » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:45 pm

I would swap the Max for a Firebird. It more versatile.

What are you throwing FH? If it the Wraiths you like the the Teerex better. It starts out slightly overstable and once it broke in it a straight and long. Break it in alittle more and you can throw if flat and it will s-curve nicely.

Just my 2 cent. :D
The glare from my head will blind you
SiDeArM jUnKiE
Tree Magnet

Postby JKP » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:41 am

SiDeArM jUnKiE wrote:I would swap the Max for a Firebird. It more versatile.

What are you throwing FH? If it the Wraiths you like the the Teerex better. It starts out slightly overstable and once it broke in it a straight and long. Break it in alittle more and you can throw if flat and it will s-curve nicely.

Just my 2 cent. :D

the wraith i use on bh, im starting to use the teerex on fh. Unless windy or needing a strong fade i go with the max
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion