Gallo's bag - (Beginner)

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Gallo's bag - (Beginner)

Postby VADISCgolfer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:00 pm

What do u think of gallo's bag:

• beat leapord (used, of course)
  • champion valkryie (used)He thought it said Valkryie, But it ACTUALLY is a Viking
  • Star Beast
  • Kc Pro Roc
  • JK Pro Aviar

He has only played one time, then he bought these forementioned discs. Do you think it is too much understable? or will it teach him good form?

edit:: My friend thought he had a champion valkryie, but it actually is a Champion Viking. Does that change your thoughts any?
Last edited by VADISCgolfer on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Re: Gallo's bag - (Beginner)

Postby roman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 pm

No such thing as too understable for a beginner. I would drop the Beast in favor of a more stable fairway driver.
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby VADISCgolfer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:26 pm

I told he might like a TeeBird or an Eagle. Does that sound like stable drivers that would be good for him?
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Postby marmoset » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:56 am

VADISCgolfer wrote:I told he might like a TeeBird or an Eagle. Does that sound like stable drivers that would be good for him?

Probably more like a Gazelle or TL. If You prefer Discraft then Cyclone, XL. How beat is his Leopard and what plastic and weight is it? Star and Champ Leos start out pretty stable. If he has a beat DX then a new Star Leopard might be pretty good for him.
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers

Postby Dig It » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 am

I would just drop the Beast. And that is not bathroom code.
Looks good for a first bag imo. If you are worried about his form I would make him throw that Aviar/Roc A LOT off the tee.

I think beginners have the best chance at starting and staying with a disc minimalist approach. I wholeheartedly agree it's the way to go.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Banzai » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:06 am

x3 for losing the Beast for a DX Gazelle.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Re: EDIT - His true bag is up here now.

Postby VADISCgolfer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:03 am

• beat leapord (really beat)
  • Champion Viking (used)
  • Star Beast
  • Kc Pro Roc
  • Star SL
  • JK Pro Aviar

Ok, this list now reflects his true Disc Golf bag. Do any of your comments above change or is there anything extra you would like to tell Gallo about his bag?

(** We had a small problem, he thought he had a valkryie when it was a Champion Viking, not a valk. **)
VADISCgolfer
Noob

Postby adidadg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:22 am

I'd ditch the Viking, Beast and the SL and add another Leopard, either a brand new DX or a Star to compliment his beat leopard. Its a really good beginner mold and having two will teach him how you can do multiple shots with the same mold, what happens to discs as they break in, etc.

The Viking might be good to add later on, it would make a decent first distance-driver, although there are better choices like a dx Valk or an X-XS.
adidadg

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion