Winter bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Winter bag

Postby gratefuldisc » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:37 pm

So my primary local course is closed for the year. Damn you changing seasons..

The local year round course is very tight and woodsy, with almost no open distance. I have been thinking about putting my carolina full of wraiths, roadrunners, teerex, white rocs, etc... away for the winter and start a winter, back-to-basics, bag.

I was thinking of filling my old innova standard bag with a few new DX teebirds, a few new dx rocs (no white), and my usual putters and hack around the woods once every week or two for the winter and try to re-learn a few things. I figure that come spring, my game will be better and I'll have some nicely beaten plastic to put into my summer bag. I'm not really worried about being competative or having a disc for every shot. Going for ultra-minimalism, 7 discs 3 molds... Any thoughts or suggestions?
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

Boss, Predator, OLF, OLS, JLS, QMS, Sentinel, Warlock
gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: Winter bag

Postby dgdave » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Definately do-able. 2 TB, 2-3 Rocs, 2-3 Putters. Maybe just a FB or Pred if the wind kicks up big
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Winter bag

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 pm

gratefuldisc wrote:So my primary local course is closed for the year. Damn you changing seasons..

The local year round course is very tight and woodsy, with almost no open distance. I have been thinking about putting my carolina full of wraiths, roadrunners, teerex, white rocs, etc... away for the winter and start a winter, back-to-basics, bag.

I was thinking of filling my old innova standard bag with a few new DX teebirds, a few new dx rocs (no white), and my usual putters and hack around the woods once every week or two for the winter and try to re-learn a few things. I figure that come spring, my game will be better and I'll have some nicely beaten plastic to put into my summer bag. I'm not really worried about being competative or having a disc for every shot. Going for ultra-minimalism, 7 discs 3 molds... Any thoughts or suggestions?

Leopard, wasp, challenger is all I throw at Tolland.....But I throw with the wrong hand. Dx teebirds are gonna beat up FAST out there.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion