DiscJay's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DiscJay's bag

Postby DiscJay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:36 pm

Let me know what you think. I'm sure i have tons of gaps and you'll tear it apart, but what the heck. Have at it!!

172 Star Destroyer
172 Star Beast
169 FLX Surge
172 Elite Z Flash
172 ESP Avenger SS
175 SJLS
174 Elite Z Express
171 Champion Banshee
171 DX Banshee
174 Elite Z Buzzz
161 Champion Monarch
173 Assassin
171 DX Teebird
175 CFR Champion Gator
171 Wizard
175 Omega SuperSoft putter

Okay, tear it apart. Any suggestions to fill gaps and any other advice would be appreciated.
DiscJay
Noob

Favorite Disc: Elite Z Comet

Re: DiscJay's bag

Postby Beetard » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:49 pm

yup, that's a mess for sure. Don't know how far you throw, but this should cover all the shots

Max D Assassin
Strong headwinds firebird or pred
Control drivers Teebird and SJLS
Mids 2 rocs One moderately beat and one very beat
putter wizard

FB or pred will get much better headwind distance than a champ banshee. Destroyers aren't exactly headwind trustworthy.

when in doubt about what weight, just go 170g on almost any disc. Can't really go wrong like that.

Rocs are beefy. They can handle headwinds if you throw them well. More glide than gators. A beat roc will be like a buzz, but better.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby DiscJay » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks for not tearing it apart too badly. This is mostly what i have put together from trying out different discs and these are the ones i've liked along the way and have been consistent for me.

I've been throwing 300 consistently with some throws here and there out to 330 or 340 when i get things almost right. Most of the time I can throw pretty much any line i need with what's in the my bag.

Looks like I'll be trying some new discs.

Thanks for the advice.
DiscJay
Noob

Postby Beetard » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:47 pm

I have fun using a bunch of discs sometimes, but I shoot better when I really pair my shot selection with the right disc type. I can reach most baskets on my drive, and if I can't I'm trying to throw the shot that will end up the safest. For holes that I can't drive with a putter, I use a gazelle. I don't have much of a roc range because I can throw an aviar up to about 260 but I can't throw a roc much more than 280.

I've got 2 gazelles one newish and stable and one beat and understable. Newer one for straight or hyzer shots, beat one for turnovers and rollers (I can rolls now :D )

I'll bust out a teebird sometimes if I want a little more stability ie headwind, but 3 discs is all I really need.

If you do want to try a roc or a firebird, just go with dx plastic. No need to spend a lot of money.

Oh yeah, I hate the idea of breaking out a wraith or something to try to reach a basket I can't quite get to with a gazelle (though in a tournement I might take a quick fix like that to have a shot at a birdie putt) People need to depend on their throw to get the distace, not the disc.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby cmlasley » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:16 am

If your DX Banshee is not super-beat, that would make a fine headwind disc, too, for your range.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby DiscJay » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:55 pm

I'll definitely try some different discs in DX, Bee.

CM...I do use the DX Banshee for headwind drives and hard left turning dogleg holes. I use the Champion Banshee for my thumbers.

Do y'all think the firebird would be better for my thumbers?
DiscJay
Noob

Postby cmlasley » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm

I wouldn't go out of my way if I already had a champ bansh'.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby DiscJay » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Cool, thanks.
DiscJay
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion