Bruce's bag for 09

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bruce's bag for 09

Postby Bruce » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 am

Ok, so this is the bag I've been using in 08

Drivers
1* Champ Firebird
2* X-Predator
2* Star Wraith
2* DX Valkyrie
2* DX Gazelle

Mids
1* KC Roc
3* DX Roc

Throwing Putters
1* S Wizard
1* Omega SS

Putting Putter
1* Aviar Classic

After giving it a lot of thought, I'm not really happy with the Gazelle-Valkyrie-Wraith set up. I'm thinking of introducing a couple of Teebirds, which I haven't thrown in years, but I'm not sure how that's going to effect the overlaps and which mould I should drop for it... Any help appreciated!
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Dx Roc

Re: Bruce's bag for 09

Postby curt » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:08 am

I don't think that adding Teebirds is going to affect the overlap in your bag at the moment. Teebirds fly differently than wraiths, valks, and gazelles, in my opinion. The real question of overlap I see depends on how your wraiths and valkyries fly. Some wraiths overlap with some valkyries. IF you have a beat wraith, you could probably drop the valkyrie, if not, they may be serving different purposes.

Also, choose b/t the firebird and predator. though I did just notice the plastic differences, so it may be as easy as getting a new z pred.

Then there's the whole putter thing, I'll let someone else go there though.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby MR. WICK » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:32 am

My suggestions:
1. Pick ONE putter - I can't stress this enough - I'd choose the wizard and get them to various stages of wear.
2. You don't need the predator and firebird. Replace the fb with a new z pred. or drop the preds for firebirds.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Bruce » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:55 am

I do intend on replacing the Omega SS with a wizard once I get one beaten, but it's been 18 months so far and it isn't there yet! Maybe I need to reverse the car over it a few times :)

I only really use the Firebird for thumbers, is the Z Pred as good in that spot? I've had no joy with the X-Pred for thumbers, although I love them for regular play...

The Wraith is my main driver, the Valks are pure turnover/roller discs for me.
I like my Gazelles, but I don't throw them that often, only really on the narrow fairway shots where I can't get a Roc the distance
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 am

Bruce wrote:I do intend on replacing the Omega SS with a wizard once I get one beaten, but it's been 18 months so far and it isn't there yet! Maybe I need to reverse the car over it a few times :)

I only really use the Firebird for thumbers, is the Z Pred as good in that spot? I've had no joy with the X-Pred for thumbers, although I love them for regular play...

The Wraith is my main driver, the Valks are pure turnover/roller discs for me.
I like my Gazelles, but I don't throw them that often, only really on the narrow fairway shots where I can't get a Roc the distance

For quickened break in period for a Wiz maybe a Voodoo or if the bead is not important a Warlock/Radius might work or tuning.

Z Pred is significantly more overstable so it'll be better for many with overhand throws. But not knowing what gives with the X Pred I won't guarantee success with a Z.

If one pures a Gazelle a really beat TB will be straighter which means that a larger selection of TBs in various stages of wear can easily be more versatile than Gazelles in various staes of wear. With a Gaz holding the edge for various anny lines and TBs for straight and various hyzer ones.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Bruce » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:37 pm

JR wrote:For quickened break in period for a Wiz maybe a Voodoo or if the bead is not important a Warlock/Radius might work or tuning.

Z Pred is significantly more overstable so it'll be better for many with overhand throws. But not knowing what gives with the X Pred I won't guarantee success with a Z.

If one pures a Gazelle a really beat TB will be straighter which means that a larger selection of TBs in various stages of wear can easily be more versatile than Gazelles in various staes of wear. With a Gaz holding the edge for various anny lines and TBs for straight and various hyzer ones.

I'm pretty comfortable with my putter set up as is TBH, my short game and putter driving game is a definite strong point. That and it's virtually impossible to get Gateway plastic in the UK!

I'll give the TB a try over the winter I think, the park I use for field practice has just reopened so I can get out there in my lunch breaks again.
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion