Give me your Professional opinion.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Give me your Professional opinion.

Postby DillonN » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:48 pm

I’ve been playing since June 07 and have gotten my distance up to 400 consistently. Now I just need to learn how to controle it. ;)

1. Stable Control Drivers
Champion Orc 175 (beat)
11x Champion Teebird 172
11x Champion Teebird 171 (I really need to throw these against each other to see if I really need both)
12x Champion Eagle-x 175 (I never throw this disc. Should I?)

2.Distance Drivers
Pro Destroyer 171
CFR Champion Teerex-x 175
Star Teerex 174 (getting flippy on me)
CFR Champion Glo Wraith 175

3. Understable Driver
Champion Monarch 175
I’d like to put a couple pro Leopards back in, but I don’t have any right now.

4. Very Overstable Driver
Champion Firebird 175
11x KC Pro Whippet 175

5. Mids: (stable to flippy)
Champion Roc 180
KC Pro Roc 180
DX Roc 175 (trying to beat the crap out of)
Star Ontario Roc 176
KC Pro roc 175 (nice and flippy)
Pro Line Cobra 180 (I plan on replacing this disc with a beat to crap DX roc when I get one beat in enough)

6. Putters:
X2 08 DX Pumpkin Aviars 175. lol
Aviar 175. For up shots. (really freakin’ stable for being an Aviar)
I also just bought a JK pro Avair the other day to try out.

I’d love to know what I need/what I need to get rid of.

Also, I’d like to know what you guys think of the revolution dual pack?
Last edited by DillonN on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DillonN
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Pro Roc.

Re: Give me your Professional opinion.

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:40 pm

stable control drivers/pick one mold, Eagles (as long as its an eagle X) are close enough to teebirds that you dont need both,see which you prefer and ditch the other. you could continue to use the orc for something a bit longer when you need it. also if you are gonna continue to throw teebirds id recommend trying out a DX for when you want something longer/straiter/flippier depending on wear
Distance drivers/pick one mold those are all similar enough that you should only need one
Understable driver/ I like to use a beat version of something else i throw (unless its for rollers) but if the monarch works well for you rock it!
Overstable/looks good
Mids/I would ditch the ontario and just use ranchos in varying stages of wear.good plan for the cobra
Putters/most people will tell you to try out one of the more overstable putter molds (wizard,challenger,BB aviar.etc) but seeing as you just got a JK (BB mold) so i guess you are trying one, I like harder plastic for putters but this is subjective to how you putt
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby garublador » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 am

DillonN wrote:I’ve been playing since June 07 and have gotten my distance up to 400 consistently. Now I just need to learn how to controle it. ;)
Which discs can you throw 400' consistantly? If it's your fairway drivers then you're probably OK with everything but the distance drivers (pick one and yes, the Orc counts as a distance driver). If that's your distance driver distance then you might be better off picking up some DX Teebirds and Eagles to learn control better. It will be a lot easier to learn to shape lines with a DX Eagle than any other disc you have listed.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby DillonN » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:38 am

Jesse B- Distance drivers. Yeah, I'm proabably going to take the wraith out and just keep it for glow rounds. I think I'm going to keep the Destroyer for all out distance and I'll probably keep the teerex for sumthing I want to flipp up and fade left hard.

Understable- I tend to dump it ove really bad. But I think it's because I tend to start with hyzer but end up releasing flat. Something I'll just have to work on. :(

Putters. Haha Yeah, I like the stiffer putters too but they do tend to slip through or deflect really bad. :(

Garu- "Which discs can you throw 400' consistantly?" All my distance drivers and all my stable controle drivers minus the eagle-x (but I think that just because I never throw it)

DX teebirds DX eagles. Soounds good. I'll keep an eye out for some the next tournament I go to.

Also what do you mean when you say shape a line with the eagles? (I just want to make shure I understand you right)
DillonN
Noob

Postby garublador » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:49 pm

DillonN wrote:Also what do you mean when you say shape a line with the eagles? (I just want to make shure I understand you right)
I mean more than 2 directional changes during flight. Throwing on a hyzer, letting the disc flip to flat or slightly over and then fading is 2 changes (hyzer to flat, flat to fade). Throwing on a hyzer, flipping to flat and holding that line for a while, then tracking right for a while and finally fading would be 3 directional changes. If done right you can control when and how much the disc turns over after it's flown flat for a while and you can control if and when the disc fades. Learing these types of shots is typically easiest with semi beat, versatile fairway drivers in low end plastic (DX Eagle-X, D Cyclone, DX Gazelle.)

I find that Teebirds, mids and putters aren't really great for these types of shots. I can get 2 direction changes consistantly but not three. They tend to either stay flat or turn over and not fade.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby DillonN » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Okay, I'll try hitting my local club up for some DX TeeBirds and Eagles. Thanks for the suggestion.
DillonN
Noob

Postby poisonelf » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:01 am

Dillion do i need to go through your bag again lol
Trade list-- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21026

Z Predator--C PD--S PD--St Teebird--JK Valkyrie
C PD2--Ch Ape--S DD2--St Wraith--Pro Wraith--Ch Orc
Z Xtreme--Z Wasp--Z Buzzz--X Buzzz--Z Comet--
X VP Firm--X Ridge Firm--X Summit Firm--X Ridge Reg--X VP Soft

Currently working with X Ascent Firm and Reg
poisonelf
large-breasted asian woman expert

Favorite Disc: Z Xtreme

Postby dobbins66 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:18 pm

I remember when I was the only one of the locals on this site - Now we're all showing up. Sounds good!

Dillion, I'll check the local stock and post if you want me to let you know what's in there. I'm going to try to get it posted online(local site) soon anyway for sales.
dobbins66
Tree Magnet

Postby DillonN » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 pm

No, I was just seeing what other people thought. :wink: lol

Thanks Jerry! that would be great. "Your awesome!" lol
DillonN
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion