The Final Bugbee Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The Final Bugbee Bag

Postby Bugbee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 am

Gonna make this short and sweet:

1. Stable Control Drivers
175 Champion Teebird
175 Star Teebird

2. Distance Driver
175 SOLF

3. Understable Driver
175 QJLS

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
175 QOLF

5. Very Overstable Driver
174 Z Predator

Mids:
175 S Sentinel
174 Q Sentinel

Putters:
175 Medium Wizard (Putting)
175 Glow Wizard (Throwing)

After trying way too many discs I can't rationalize using anything other than these 6 molds. I think the thing I need help with the most is just my mental game, in terms of confidence. I tend to switch discs in and out when one performs badly, but really it is ME that is making the mistakes, the discs are innocent! Anyone have something they tells themselves when they get the urge to rummage around either online or in a store for new molds or go digging in the closet for lost gems? I am trying to sell off a lot of what I don't use anymore, so that should help. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I know Rocs are probably better than the Sentinel but the Roc just does not feel right in my hand, whereas the Sentinel feels like it almost belongs there.
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Re: The Final Bugbee Bag

Postby adidadg » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 am

i like this setup, and strongly agree with sticking with only your tried and true discs. The only thing I dont see is a straight flying midrange, arent the sentinels pretty overstable?
adidadg

Re: The Final Bugbee Bag

Postby Bugbee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 am

They are definetly pretty beefy, but to me it is not too overstable to get going straight long enough. As they beat up they are getting straighter and straighter. My Wizards go pretty far so in all honesty I only use mids when there is too low of a ceiling for a putter or if the wind is up. The JLS is almost a mid to me also, because it usually doesn't go much farther than 300ish for be because of its understability so it can cover a lot of the straight tunnel type shots that the Sentinel is just a tick too overstable for. I know I may be limiting myself by using the Sentinel over say a Roc or a Buzz, but those discs just feel awkward and I really don't play that often so it would take quite a long time to adjust to one of them.
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion