Is there demand for more videos from lcgm8?

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Is there demand for more videos from lcgm8?

Postby JR » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi i wanted to get your ideas about the need and appraisal of the quality of the videos lcgm8 makes. If you want to see more videos during the next seasons how many would you like? It has an influence to if we continue and how we continue to make videos.

Some people are seemingly trying to throw a monkey wrench at lcgm8. I do not like it but i also would not like to continue spending my money and time in making something that is not needed if that is the consensus. Somehow the thousands of subscribers on the channel lcgm8 do not seem to be enough evidence of the need for the videos seeing as they are giving negative comments about lcgm8 to people that have real influence on his life and future. So your voice counts so please comment.

These observations are mine and mine alone and not those of Juha who runs lcgm8 channel. I do have some direct evidence of weird activities that has been done to me but i am not willing to comment on that. I do not know what happened with Juha but it sounds fishy. There are people that would like nothing better than for us to stop filming. So i am looking for confirmation or debunking of such ideas. The word is free.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Is there demand for more videos from lcgm8?

Postby Flipflat » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm

You guys have some of the highest quality videos on the net, not sure why anyone would say any different, keep on filming, top shelf DG videos are hard to find.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby BLURR » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Fuck all the haters, keep on rocking the sweet vid's.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Stringbean » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Those videos really are the highest quality I have seen. JR, maybe its time for you move to the states so your work can be more appreciated.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby Monocacy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes, I would like to see at least one new video daily. :wink:

Seriously, the vids are primo. Don't stop.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby seabas22 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:30 pm

That's crazy talk, keep on with these great vids!
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm

I always look forward to seeing the lcgm8 folder highlighted with a new video. IMHO, those video's are the best out there by far. How can anyone hate on them? Makes no sense to me. I don't care what the videos are from. Tourney, some weekly league, or just a round of friends. I love the action, the quality, and the courses. Please continue to post what you can because again, I love them all!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby luma » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:00 am

I have to go with the opinion of the others. Just the very best footage out there! Plus, I really really love the cooperation with the DynamicDiscs guys. Definately keep it up and f*** those haters, they're just jealous because they couldn't even film the disc when it's flying!

Still, I'd like to use the opportunity to "critisize" your films, don't get me wrong - they are really awesome - but I think everyone wants to get better, so just a couple of thoughts of mine...:

- comments are always nice, to me it's just more "Interactive" that just having the picture - that's just my opinion though as there will be lots of people that will say "that commentator sounds stupid" or "leave the comments away" and so on...
- Multiple cameras are also waaaaay cooler than just one, it only makes sense at big events, but there, I would really use them
- When you use multiple cams though, try to really synchronize the cut between the two camera angles so that it's perfectly timed. There is just nothing worse that what this MartyMcGee (or however his youtube channel is called) guy does sometimes with cutting his film on some throws (his films are very high quality too, nobody get me wrong please, but those scenes are just horrible)
- camera angle is key, and the most common thing is players stepping into the cameras view after their throw. I have never filmed an event, so I don't know if you have some restrictions of where to film from, but I think filming from right behind the tee ist the worst angle because you have the biggest chance of guys stepping into your picture. When you're 10 m back from the tee it's not that big of a problem, but 3 m behind it is pretty bad for that...
- Don't rush through the throws but don't make viewers watch Feldy's putting routine 18 times a round. You're doing a great job with that (probably the best on the net), just keep that in mind.

But still, number one key is: keep those awesome videos coming! :)
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby JR » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks guys keep the comments coming.

Thanks luma for the constructive criticism. Please give us suggestions on how to improve.

I too agree with syncing up the switch from one angle to the other and pity the players/caddies/spectators stepping in front of the camera. Which is a part in why i try to film from the receiving end or the side in the middle of the hole. The other major reason being able to show the whole flight so that the trees that would obstruct the view from the tee aren't in the way. And i have been on holes where the only spot to film the entire flight from lies in thorny bushes 20 cm wide just enough for the camera to turn tracking the disc flight. At times there is not enough room to move sideways filming behind the tee. In Europe especially people flock the tee and at SDGO 2010 i could not have filmed from the tee at all for the immense packed shoulder to shoulder gallery had i not had the right of way to the spectators caddying for Feldy. One part to trying to stay away from the tee is to trying to not disturb the players. I try to move the camera around people and obstacles but in uneven ground it is sometimes impossible because one needs to keep the eye on the viewfinder and taking one step can easily tilt the camera or turn it away from the disc. Especially if you are at zoom. I am often at 15x zoom and even breathing shows in shaking of the picture using a monopod souped up with a Joby Gorillapod.

It took years of persuasion and finally a video by others IIRC Centralcoastdiscgolf to convince lcgm8 that you do not need to show all the shots that are not ruinous ones that the player does not want to see. He did shorten up the showing of the putting routine after the first videos of the guys that have been shown before in previous videos because people know the routine of that person by then. I know it may not seem so but much of the time lcgm8 does cut the putting routine and often i don't even press the record button until the first stages of the routine have been performed. So imagine how slow the putting is in real life unedited so to say :-)

A correction. While it is true that lcgm8 has taught Cooldaddyslickbreeze (Mister Brown makes the vids for Dynamic Discs) and many other video makers the recent commentaries have been made by guys from Youtube channel Centralcoastdiscgolf.

We have at times polished the switching of the camera angle and the most notable one was Nikko making a hole in one at the final of Scandinavian Open 2010. It took 15 minutes to arrive at the final version but we checked other options for a total of 25-30 minutes. On the next day after a major. We were tired but it had to be done. It was a sweet shot and Nikko had a reaction of gold :-)

We have filmed many event with multiple angles at least in the final.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby luma » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:31 pm

I know, I have basically watched all of your videos. Starting with Finnish Dubs - when I had just started playing - when I was bored at my university lessons, and now of course all the stuff that is on Spin TV :)

About the commentary guy: I know it's not the DD guys, but it's the ones that are doing the comments on CentralCoastDG, and somehow because of the "DynamicDiscs sponsors a DyeMay giveaway" and so on, I alwas say the "DD guys" :) But we all meant the same guys
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:23 pm

I've rewatched more lcgm8 videos than all the other channels out there combined. Best footage, great angles, smooth camera operation, quality on screen graphics, good overall production. Plus I'll likely not ever make it to Europe to golf so watching your videos is the closest I'll get to those lush fairways. :)
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby inthedrift » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:50 pm

There is most certainly demand for more videos from you guys! I'm really surprised at the negativity you mentioned. How could anybody have a problem with you guys producing quality vids for all of us dg enthusiasts to enjoy? Please continue!
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby Varsi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:09 am

I pretty much only follow lcgm8 for disc golf videos (now Spin TV since lcgm8 videos are there as well...).

There are no other options when you want quality footage from finnish competitions.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby JR » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 am

We try to promote the sport so we try to not only stay local. Thus far we have filmed in Sweden Denmark Holland and Estonia. Denmark and Estonia will have their releases later. Denmark soon i have seen the first part of the Copenhagen major already. I see no other issues except possibly funding limiting us from supporting the scene in other countries as well. It might be too soon to say but we might hop over the ocean next year if everyone is lucky grinz.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Leopard » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:24 pm

JR wrote:There are people that would like nothing better than for us to stop filming. So i am looking for confirmation or debunking of such ideas. The word is free.

Their position is that your volunteer & free videos are devaluing the business-oriented efforts?
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Next

Return to Video Critique