AA Backhand Side-view - Please critique

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: AA Backhand Side-view - Please critique

Postby mzuleger » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:53 pm

VADISCgolfer wrote:Does anybody know why he can't throw a hyzer? It's really weird.

It looks like he has an anhyzer release. The easiest way to fix this is to drop the wing of the disc but it's really a problem with his overall form.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby JR » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:53 am

VADISCgolfer wrote:He tried working on everything yall said the other day.

He cannot reach back worth two cents.

He cannot throw a hyzer. Does anybody know why he can't throw a hyzer? It's really weird.

Considering in the new video he puts his right leg on the ground to the left of his left foot if you were viewing from behind the tee it's no wonder his whole body is leaning to the right which is text book anny form. Move the right leg far to the right of the left leg and tell him to throw an anny. You'll get a funny video if he manages to anny. It's the easiest way to learn hyzer to exaggerate the lean to the left so much that he's nearly falling to his left side and try as he might the only way to anny from there is massive plane braking of the arm from rising arm motion to lowering arm motion near the hit before or after.Or he's a contortionist that ca bend every which way.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby CJ1998 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:03 pm

I'd say you really need to get all that run up stuff out of his way and focus only on the part that matters -- the hit. It just looks to me that everything is happening too fast and he's leaning way off to the right at release. That's going to make it really hard to throw hyzer even with the more stable discs.

Something to keep in mind is that it's not so much the forward momentum that adds speed and distance. It's the sudden acceleration over the 12-14 inch area just out in front of you that is responsible for all the power.

Masterbeato's vid on youtube gets into that. Plus, check out the 4th Acorn park vid. I think that link will take you right to the drive I'm thinking of. MB (at least I think it's him) is not moving all that fast, but when you see the disc come out it is screamin'! All the power is focused at the hit. It's a great example of a powerful hyzer.
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Previous

Return to Video Critique