Reworking my drives #2

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Reworking my drives #2

Postby Autiger » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 am

Update:
I appreciate all the advice everyone. While practicing this weekend I tried to implement all of the great suggestions. I can already tell a big difference as far as distance. I am throwing as far as I was before already. And that is with no reach back from a stand still position. Anyway these videos are where I am right now. Sorry for the poor quality. Once again any suggestions would be appreciated. I am trying to decide if I should try to implement a reach back soon or continue with another week of the pec drill. Thanks for the help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqHxj8LR4w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OctaKfuLH7U
Autiger
Noob

Favorite Disc: DX Teebird

Re: Reworking my drives #2

Postby JR » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 am

Congrats on the improvements! I think you could add a lot of power because your motions are ok. When people say late acceleration it means explosive increase in effort. When generating enough power you're really yanking yourself around so fast that you'll fly much farther right with the hip twist and the arm flies behind you in the follow through. That'll likely lead to wrist rolls so try to increase acceleration incrementally and see at which power level the discs start to flip. It's good to realize the wind and how the added speed also can flip the disc. It may not be just your added power or breaking down of some part of your form.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby black udder » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am

looking better. It's hard to tell with the video and the short stroke, but it looks like you might be keeping the disc in all the way down to the wrist flick, which you should feel when you throw (and see). If that's so, then if you can do that repeatedly, then go for a reachback.

You can get over the disc more - get onto your plant leg more. Looks like you're getting your chest facing the target, so I'd say things are looking better! :)
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby masterbeato » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:31 am

try incorporating a reach back + full run up next time you go out and play and see what happens.

by now your drills should be burnt into your brain, and then take a video of you with a full run up and reach back.

don't think about what you have learned, just do what you regularly do.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Return to Video Critique