Nick's driving videos:

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Nick's driving videos:

Postby Star Shark » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 am

It appears to me that as you start your pull, you lift up. Try to stay on the same plane/level.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby black udder » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am

man, that slo-mo makes it easy to see stuff. I was wondering how well it worked. Quite well indeed!

Tips:

1. You can see that you're throwing upwards. So don't ;)
2. You seem to look up on a lot of throws as well - as the disc comes through. Try looking down -- see if it changes your trajectory.
3. You pull through close, but your shoulder rotation is in front of your arm, so you end up shoulders square but your right arm is still across your chest near your left arm. This makes the discs leave early. Better timing will increase your distance. You want the disc to be in front of you around the center or the right of your chest when it comes out.
4. Weight is back or at best straight up. Try Dan's tip to push off on your back foot so you *have* to be weight forwards or you'll fall over.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby MIdiscgolfer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:33 pm

ner02 wrote:I may have to try getting out to a tournament in the North Texas area at some point to film some pros to have for comparison. It's pretty easy to use, I had no problem filming myself with a tripod.

I'm a bit upset today. I had plans to go out and practice, and it's in the 30s today after being in the 70s the past few days. Stupid Texas weather.

It got up to 30 last thursday up here. Might get back up there bySaturday. I'm hoping for at least double digits for Thursday night (I have glow league). I used to keep my thumb really close to the edge of the disc to cure my nose up problems now that I've started using beato's left foot kick I'm moving the thumb awy from the edge and gettin more pinch for the power grip. So getting that left foot off the ground has helped twofold.
"Wise men don't need advice and fools never take it." ....................... Mark Twain
MIdiscgolfer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wasp/Buzzz/Comet

Previous

Return to Video Critique