just for laughs....another vid with commentary

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

just for laughs....another vid with commentary

Postby keltik » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Hey just felt like posting another vid from today.....i switched to a bent elbow reach back and really concentrated on being smoother

and plus i figured you guys would get a kick out of the commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w-9cGcaTt8

oh and hints about throwing are more than welcome

much love,

kel
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: just for laughs....another vid with commentary

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Holy hell. Funny stuff.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby black udder » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Damn, that's a pretty harsh environment :P

Looks like a lot of arm in the throw. Try and wind up the hips more and have that push your upper body and then the arm pull. You could also bend that wrist into yourself more and let that be the last thing that opens up.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby keltik » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 pm

yeah that's my family life.....i wouldn't have it any other way

by the way black udder i'm gonna be in the colonial heights/midlothian area next week.....any good places to play out there?

and by the way i work hard on curling my wrist in....and when i do it works.....but thanks
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Blink » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Nice, seems like you're getting some pretty big snap, though you might be trying to throw too hard? Not saying you were, but its pretty much as effective or better to just flow into the hit, but you know that.

Looked like some good throws out to or way past 300. Not as awesome as the commentary, but you can work up to that with a few years training.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby JR » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:17 am

Gotta love the love and encouragement :-)

Try to bend your knees a bit and kick hard with the left leg and bend your waist to get your heart over the right knee as the disc leaves the hand. And try to maintain a constant height on the disc at the reach back and release to avoid variations in flight height. Twist really hard with your hips to the right and turn your shoulders abruptly like you were trying to hit something behind you with your right elbow to generate more power. You might get the disc slightly closer to your chest and try putting your right elbow as close to the target as possible before turning to face the target.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby black udder » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:04 pm

keltik wrote:yeah that's my family life.....i wouldn't have it any other way

by the way black udder i'm gonna be in the colonial heights/midlothian area next week.....any good places to play out there?

and by the way i work hard on curling my wrist in....and when i do it works.....but thanks

Man, that's gotta be the black hole of disc golf in VA. There is a course in Colonial heights, this guy - Daniel Cotter 407-923-8998 (gotta_fixit@hotmail.com) - did most of the work getting it in. I think it's 9 holes w/baskets and 9 object right now. He's still working on getting the other 9. If you contact him, you can say that the River City Disc Golf club referred you.

To my knowledge there's nothing in Midlothian, but if you're in town for more than a couple days and can drive a couple hours, then everything opens up. Bryan Park is in Richmond - just on the other side of town, as well as Gillies Creek, Dorey Park and Ecoff. An hour or so out of Richmond is The Grange and Loreilla.

Come to think of it, Ecoff might not be too far away from Midlothian - it's on the same side of town. I think the real name is Goyne park and you can mapquest or google it for directions. They're pretty accurate. It's behind a school (elementary or middle or something). You pull into the first school parking lot and drive to the back and you'll see a field and hole #1 is off to the right. If you have some time, gimme a hollar and maybe we can hook up for some golf. Weather here is touch and go right now, ranging from 70's and dry to 40's and wet. Just straight up pot luck.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Bradley Walker » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:26 am

I laughed... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK...

VERY GOOD!!! The arm positions are pretty darn good!!! I like it. I teach these same positions and this style of throwing.

You stand stills have good rotation. Good shoulder movement. Ask yourself, can I swing my elbow faster (when it is cocked) using my shoulders?

All you need is to get braced into the elbow cocking move.

Read this (same for you):

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=160587#p160587
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby keltik » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:48 am

thank you all for your input....much appreciated.....i think i do more field work than course work.....oh well the joys of living in the sticks

Mr. Walker....great info from that link....and it looks like it also adds to what JR was saying (based on the pictures) i do need to bend a bit more.....i think it will help me get into the "brace" position more effectively

also after some field sessions i get some pain in my right shin.....is this because i don't pivot well on my heel/ball.....i watched the masterbeato "walk it out" video......and realized i don't pivot so well on my right foot......thanks a million as always guys.....now if i can just get something going with my flick
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Return to Video Critique