First attempt at posting vids

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

First attempt at posting vids

Postby The Gas Face » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:46 pm

Hello all

I have been playing for 3 years at least once a week, and feel like I have finally hit a wall in my development. So I decided to take some shots this morning to see what was up.

drive 1- wraith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKUxkWgp4ac

2- flick w/teebird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-KMW3cnzU

3- anny shot w/ teebird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHiRZggrD58
"I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier, the last of Barrets' Privateers"

Aviar, Roc, Leopard, TeeBird, Firebird, Starfire
The Gas Face
Noob

Re: First attempt at posting vids

Postby JR » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:08 pm

With the Wraith throw planting on the flat surface should help. How much power you were pulling back on? I mean I saw mellowness of approach throws. For a real deal analysis smooth slow short throws mask breaking of form at high power levels. Therefore the vids should include full power throws on an open field where accuracy ain't an issue just getting a lot of power while maintaining as good a form as possible.

You were a little too hasty in the arm pull putting on power at the beginning. Even approaches benefit from late acceleration. You didn't get your elbow as far forward as it should be and you started early with twisting your hips. Your chest should face 90 degrees to the left of the target with the upper arm pointed straight at the target before the hips start twisting from neutral to the right.

I'd like to do an analysis of a high power open area shot to really see what's going on because there wasn't any explosiveness in any of your motions.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: First attempt at posting vids

Postby DaPats » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 am

Those are some really tight holes you are throwing on. First vid is a controlled drive for hole 5 Blue. Your throw looks good for that hole. Control over distance for that hole always. i'll stay away from the forehand cause i suck at it. Third vid is another control over distance hole. That is a very small anny gap you are going for. I like to play it straight with a roc and give myself a long bird look at it most the time. Your form is good and keep playing league there. A lot of top players you can pick up tips from. Borderland rocks!

By the way. Try and film yourself on hole 7 blues. You can rest the camera on the stonewall behind the tee and you can throw as hard as you want on that tee.
Wizard-Glow Avair-Roc-Cyclone-T-Bird-Wraith
DaPats
Tree Magnet

Return to Video Critique