Two players, one vid.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Two players, one vid.

Postby practically invincible » Fri May 01, 2009 10:28 pm

I'm in the black and shorts, the other guy is my roommate. He hits about 400, im around 375. Any input? especiallt the drives at the end? We were at a new course... so some shots were real funky. Please ignore my putt at the end. Worst of the day... even though i did make it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXRmZkj8UnA
The only disc I throw well consistently is my lucky Wizard.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Re: Two players, one vid.

Postby JR » Sat May 02, 2009 7:37 am

One can't really give thorough exact form based review based on people playing holes because the reviewer doesn't know what the thrower was attempting to do. They may have intentionally been altering their form to shape lines. With those things having been said here's something useful: At the reach back you need to twist the hips to the left of neutral. Going to neutral when elbow points at the target then twisting explosively fast to the right of neutral.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby practically invincible » Sat May 02, 2009 7:41 am

Thaks JR, I looked at some videos of fiels practice on my other camera and I can actually see some of what you're saying more so than on these. Thanks for the input, I'll try to get somehting better up.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Postby Dig It » Sat May 02, 2009 7:44 am

Awww yea, love that course. Can't wait for the High Plains Challenge!

Do you feel stiff on your run up? It looks like you could get a little more loose but like JR said it was hard to tell what you were going for.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby zj1002 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:04 am

totally nothing to say about your form but damn those are some open holes. I think I would get bored out there. sorta makes me enjoy the abundance of trees in central texas even more :D
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Dig It » Sat May 02, 2009 8:44 am

koyok23 wrote:totally nothing to say about your form but damn those are some open holes. I think I would get bored out there. sorta makes me enjoy the abundance of trees in central texas even more :D

Stay away from Colorado then.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Postby practically invincible » Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Dig It wrote:
koyok23 wrote:totally nothing to say about your form but damn those are some open holes. I think I would get bored out there. sorta makes me enjoy the abundance of trees in central texas even more :D

Or play cottonwood alot. And some holes on widefield. There is an entire wooded section on the back nine, but it got kinda cloudy/mucky so we stopped shooting pictures. I'm pretty loose, I think it was new course jitters, still can't shake em. What do you guys play the pars as on that course for tourneys? Some holes are marked... others aren't.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Postby pg043 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Optimist is a pretty sweet course. Can't wait for High plains!
PDGA #36459 | Destroyer | Xcaliber | Leopard | Teebird | Banshee |Drone | Buzzz | Wizard
pg043
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby Dig It » Tue May 12, 2009 7:18 am

practically invincible wrote:
Dig It wrote:

Or play cottonwood alot. And some holes on widefield. There is an entire wooded section on the back nine, but it got kinda cloudy/mucky so we stopped shooting pictures. I'm pretty loose, I think it was new course jitters, still can't shake em. What do you guys play the pars as on that course for tourneys? Some holes are marked... others aren't.

Yea some of those tee signs are kinda hit/miss. One even says a par 5 for < 400ft. We just go by all par 3s because like you say some aren't marked and Pessimist is VERY not marked. At least last time I was out there it wasn't.

Colorado does have some wooded courses to be sure, I just can't ever get up or down to play them. I am usually stuck playing the same 5 courses.

Edit: If you're ever up in the JRM/BN/Badlands area let me know and we'll play a round.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Video Critique