Please advise....

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Please advise....

Postby jimbo2076 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:34 am

Hi all. I have been playing disc golf for about a month now and would like some advise on my throw. I seem to be launching the disc with nose up and cannot stop it.

Please excuse the music but it was better than hearing my voice in slow motion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzVAZ20LhQ
jimbo2076
Noob

Favorite Disc: Shark

Re: Please advise....

Postby mark12b » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:12 am

looks like you're releasing the disc instead of letting it rip out of your hand. there should be enough acceleration at the last moment to make the disc feel heavy against your fingers at the rip -- a real good tug as your hand comes across your chest. it actually looks like you're decelerating during the throw, rather than accelerating.

don't curl your wrist so much at the reachback; it isn't really doing anything for you at the moment.

try to open your hips more before starting the pull -- your body should feel like it's getting twisted up -- and try to get the hit to happen in front of your body instead of off to the side. i think if you keep your elbow bent a bit longer it would help with this.

having better acceleration will help with nose-down, but i think you can also work on your grip. make sure the disc orientation is correct, in the wrist-down position:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources ... ipit.shtml
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 am

Hi and welcome to the site. For the nose down the three usual tricks are to not start low and finish high, force the wrist down so that the disc is in line with forearm muscles and kicking hard with the left leg and bending forward at the waist to become weight forward when the disc leaves the hand. That is chin over right foot and heart over right knee back to front not sideways always (usually).
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jimbo2076 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Cheers guys. I going out tomorow for a practise so will try and put these tips into effect.
jimbo2076
Noob

Favorite Disc: Shark

Return to Video Critique