4 drives of mine, now in crappy quality!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

4 drives of mine, now in crappy quality!

Postby tumpsi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:51 am

Here comes 60fps video played 10fps. The file is quite big (164mb), so think twice on downloading it if you're on dial-up.
http://koti.kapsi.fi/tumpsi/

Same vid played on normal speed, pics, descriptions and more in the thread where this started: viewtopic.php?p=178821#p178821

Feel free to critique.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Re: 4 drives of mine, now in crappy quality!

Postby JR » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:17 pm

I don't understand some of the stuff you do. Like why start from rear right of the tee ending 40 % from the left to right? How come you don't put your elbow out much closer to the target before chopping and why are you so far to left of facing toward the target? What's the idea behind chopping the elbow so that your arm acts like a lever except to the rotation it's so early that it's more like a dragging anchor? Shortening the power generation moving less. Were you intentionally not putting as much weight forward due to the uphill aiming height with the lessened weight shift? Did the ground sink under the plant or should you have less sole to ground contact?

I'd like to pick your brain. You seem to be moving slower than I am and yet get more D. That's why I'd like to see higher frame rate higher resolution video so that I could compare wrist and hand better. I need to compare lower arm speed and hand speed later by measuring from the monitor screen to see if there's a difference between us. I'll do my best to come to the European Open to spectate. If there's any chance you can pull yourself from other duties then I'd like video you at 300 FPS or higher if necessary and compare observations of our form differences. I suppose Tali Open is equally unreachable for you.

Man my snap must suck. My throws leave from the index finger but there's still a lack of good wrist opening because my wrist is straight at the release micro slip. I need to work on that timing and put more fingers under the wing/rim corner probably. For more squeezing power to eliminate slippages as a cause to less D. If I'm faster where it counts with the hand and lose big time in D I really want to find out where I go wrong and how to fix it. Beside slippages late in the throw I suspect granny elbow chop speed. I need to measure those and compare to you and others. I'll get back with the measurements tomorrow -hopefully.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby tumpsi » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:42 pm

JR wrote:I don't understand some of the stuff you do. Like why start from rear right of the tee ending 40 % from the left to right? How come you don't put your elbow out much closer to the target before chopping and why are you so far to left of facing toward the target? What's the idea behind chopping the elbow so that your arm acts like a lever except to the rotation it's so early that it's more like a dragging anchor? Shortening the power generation moving less. Were you intentionally not putting as much weight forward due to the uphill aiming height with the lessened weight shift? Did the ground sink under the plant or should you have less sole to ground contact?

I'd like to pick your brain. You seem to be moving slower than I am and yet get more D. That's why I'd like to see higher frame rate higher resolution video so that I could compare wrist and hand better. I need to compare lower arm speed and hand speed later by measuring from the monitor screen to see if there's a difference between us. I'll do my best to come to the European Open to spectate. If there's any chance you can pull yourself from other duties then I'd like video you at 300 FPS or higher if necessary and compare observations of our form differences. I suppose Tali Open is equally unreachable for you.

Man my snap must suck. My throws leave from the index finger but there's still a lack of good wrist opening because my wrist is straight at the release micro slip. I need to work on that timing and put more fingers under the wing/rim corner probably. For more squeezing power to eliminate slippages as a cause to less D. If I'm faster where it counts with the hand and lose big time in D I really want to find out where I go wrong and how to fix it. Beside slippages late in the throw I suspect granny elbow chop speed. I need to measure those and compare to you and others. I'll get back with the measurements tomorrow -hopefully.

I started from the rear right end because I wanted to throw the disc to a hyzer angle, and I like to start rightish for just about every throw. I was throwing on a quite high line and not with full power, so I didn't use all my potential weight shift energy. I also pull a bit too low, I've been working on that for a long time. Getting better with that too but there's a lot of work left. The teepads of Lauste are a bit too soft for my taste, but it didn't affect my throws much. People always tell me that I'm a "slow thrower", and I just can't understand it because I don't feel like it :D. That's kinda good to hear, because there should be a lot of potential left to harness. But yes, I sure do get quite a good D with a slowish motion, and I don't know why. That's one of the reasons I posted these vids here, to see what you guys think.

I'm not playing in Tali Open nor European Open. Trying to arrange time for the EO's monday qualifier, but even if I did get in, I'm not playing. The Nokia Open 3.-5.7.09 held in Nokian keskusurheilupuisto's superb (temporary) course with 22 holes, par 71, will propably be my last rated tournament of the year.
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 pm

tumpsi wrote:
JR wrote:I don't understand some of the stuff you do. Like why start from rear right of the tee ending 40 % from the left to right? How come you don't put your elbow out much closer to the target before chopping and why are you so far to left of facing toward the target? What's the idea behind chopping the elbow so that your arm acts like a lever except to the rotation it's so early that it's more like a dragging anchor? Shortening the power generation moving less. Were you intentionally not putting as much weight forward due to the uphill aiming height with the lessened weight shift? Did the ground sink under the plant or should you have less sole to ground contact?

I started from the rear right end because I wanted to throw the disc to a hyzer angle, and I like to start rightish for just about every throw. I was throwing on a quite high line and not with full power, so I didn't use all my potential weight shift energy. I also pull a bit too low, I've been working on that for a long time. Getting better with that too but there's a lot of work left. The teepads of Lauste are a bit too soft for my taste, but it didn't affect my throws much. People always tell me that I'm a "slow thrower", and I just can't understand it because I don't feel like it :D. That's kinda good to hear, because there should be a lot of potential left to harness. But yes, I sure do get quite a good D with a slowish motion, and I don't know why. That's one of the reasons I posted these vids here, to see what you guys think.

I'm not playing in Tali Open nor European Open. Trying to arrange time for the EO's monday qualifier, but even if I did get in, I'm not playing. The Nokia Open 3.-5.7.09 held in Nokian keskusurheilupuisto's superb (temporary) course with 22 holes, par 71, will propably be my last rated tournament of the year.

After getting aches in my shoulder I've tried to improve my foot and hip power. I forgot that I've also started from the right for a hyzer but curving back to the right front of the tee. It's improved my lower body power some.

See how fast you can run with an x step and comparing that to your current form you'll notice the difference. You're indeed a slow thrower into the elbow chop. things must happen thereafter to get you the D. Have you watched Markus Källström throw? He runs much faster than you. And throws far :-)

I got unexpected additional program so I haven't had the time to measure yet but I'll post here when I do.

How soft are Lauste tees compared to Kuulaakso? That's way too soft for me. And there your slow form shines. My approach eyes on the target all the time form is as slow as your drive was.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby masterbeato » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:49 am

your lunging :)

throw harder! :wink:
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Return to Video Critique