High speed footage from above

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

High speed footage from above

Postby JR » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 am

Big deal. This goes to show that knowing what should be done doesn't mean one can actually perform it. Consistently at least. Knowing ain't throwing. My body control leaves a lot to be desired. I didn't have any good throws form wise IMO. I pushed hard intentionally to see how my form fails compared to slower throws. I had plenty of very different throws that flew relatively similarly. Early in the session before these vids I put some discs to personal record distances. Too bad my gunpowder got wet by the time of these vids. Maybe I'll get better vids later another day. I need to improve before that because I've already shown flawed form. It'd be nice to capture good form on video as well.

I need to work on muscle looseness and the timing of the thumb/index finger pinch. Probably finger and arm strength too. My timing was a lot better 3 days ago. I had good parts of form in some throws but no throw was fine in many of my previously noticed problem areas. These vids gave me goals to work toward. I don't want to point out exactly everything that I noticed that was failing because I'd like to see your comments. Maybe I missed something or don't know enough yet.

My lack of hip twist power came from a stiff lower back that's injured. I also need to protect my right deltoids that are achy. The only reason why I'm pulling close to the chest was not hitting the stand the video man was on. To be safe I've pulled away from the chest for a while. The first video has a run up of two steps pus the x step at high speed. I was even more fatigued by the time of the two last videos and my arm chop was sluggish compared to early in the session. I had throws where the elbow was straight at the rip and the disc didn't slip early. Mainly with Sinus AP using the coarsest grip pad. Suggesting too late or too little powered pinch. I noticed the need to concentrate on muscle looseness and the timing in the middle of the session but it didn't give consistency. I tried to switch to a stack grip for these vids to no avail trying to not have slips constantly. I had to throw short=high hyzers to avoid soccer players. With flat shots earlier with quicker elbow chops Champion Rhyno 175 and Sinus AP 172 flew about 262'.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzqnijnzg ... ayback.mov
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmziywnzz ... nggrip.mov
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lhzdctomy ... yvalue.mov
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: High speed footage from above

Postby Redisculous » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 am

I can't play them. Is it just me?
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby Dogma » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:39 am

I can't either.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby CJ1998 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:05 am

I edited this post from earlier if anyone is wondering. . .

Two downloads that will allow you to play almost anything on the PC.

FFDshow: Just install and forget. Once installed it will run whenever you try to play an otherwise unrecognized format. If you like to tinker there's plenty of room for that.

VLC media player. This player is still a little quirky, but for our purposes here, it does the job nicely and it's not a resource hog like WMP and QT on Windows.
Last edited by CJ1998 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:51 am

I've used VLC and Media Player Classic only to view these. Both work fine for me.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Redisculous » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Got them to work with VLC. Thanks for posting these JR.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby keltik » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:00 pm

is youtube banned in finland?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby jw34 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:19 pm

I get this in Quicktime:
jw34
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jnecessary » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:07 pm

jw34 wrote:I get this in Quicktime:
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:00 pm

I don't wanna rape image quality by downgrading it by youtube compression. Finland is a free country we're not part of the China wide web :-)

Flush down Quicktime. Just because my camera names them .mov doesn't mean it's a fruit like apple. It's really formatted H.264 MPEG layer 4 video. Two players were mentioned already that show thee. For Mac users the VLC is available there too.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:06 pm

Form comments anyone? Shoot, fire away.

Have you been scared by the harshness of DG comparing the diameter of my forearm loose and accelerating? Or the shock waves in the legs and arms? Didn't think it was that harsh.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Please post in another format....avi would be good.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby JR » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:20 am

Avi means nothing many types of files can be named .avi Therefore a versatile player is the easiest way to go.

Here are the avis the middle one having been transformed to the ancient MJPEG which all players should be able to play.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/44ktw4izm ... kxvid4.avi
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uuwgjmiky ... pmjpeg.avi
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cigmwzjwm ... exvid4.avi
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:58 am

Nope, what CODEC?
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby JR » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:33 am

K-Lite codec pack might work Windows environment because I've seen people have success with it and the footage I've shot. These vids with .avi extension are encoded with xvid4 except the middle one is MJPEG that Windows Media Player should support right off the bat. Lemme guess Mac? VLC is available for Windows, Mac and Unix. Hope you get these videos to work.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Video Critique