Drive Analysis in Jefferson NC

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Drive Analysis in Jefferson NC

Postby thecoyotekitchen » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Guys, help me out!

I can get my putters 300' to 330'.
I can get my mids 330' to 360'.
I can get my drivers 350' to 400'.

What do I need to do to consistently break 400' (golf d not pure d).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJcAS9Zpj4U
Wizards-Comets-Valkyries-Firebirds-Wraiths
thecoyotekitchen
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Drive Analysis in Jefferson NC

Postby Star Shark » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:40 pm

One thing common on all your throws. Not much reachback. Really extend that and get your hips and shoulders turned away from the target.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby JR » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:04 am

Hyzer arm motion anhyzer x steps. Not turning back nearly enough. Where's the hip explosion? You don't twist the hips right of the hip line at all that's a major power loss and should be worked on as a top priority. The disc is close to the chest at the reach back but at the right pec it's already separated. Working on getting the elbow fast and far out of the right side toward the target should help here along with a straight line arm pull. Check out thrower three(wasn't that the leg work dude number?) in Discraft video with Marty Peters. The footwork advice applies to you. Try to get lighter on the feet with less sole to ground contact by tip toeing more and definitely faster steps is gonna give more D 10' should be easy from that alone with even more potential.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby thecoyotekitchen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

I think I see what you are saying. So, I should be planting and opening my foot and hips on the right front of the teebox?
What else?
Wizards-Comets-Valkyries-Firebirds-Wraiths
thecoyotekitchen
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:58 am

thecoyotekitchen wrote:I think I see what you are saying. So, I should be planting and opening my foot and hips on the right front of the teebox?
What else?

A hyzer throw leg work starts a little left of where it ends, flat is straight or less left to right than a hyzer and anny right to left on the tee pad. So plant for a hyzer should be at the center front of the tee if you begin a little left of the rear center. Or steep angles from right rear to left front your application decides what happens. I think you should try these changes and when they seem to work posting a new video would be the easiest to see what if anything else needs attention.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Aaron_D » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

One thing that stands out to me is your acceleration. You dont start your pull in a relaxed way and accelerate through the hit. This is true of your run up as well. Try slowing down your foot work for the first few steps as well as your arm as you start your pull. Try taking a shorter plant step and I bet you would get more turned away during your reach back.

Your form looks nice and clean and you seem to have a lot of the fundamentals committed to muscle memory...weight forward, good follow through on plane, nice tight pull. Keep it up! Building a consistent 400' golf D shot is not easy. Keep trying to push your putters and mids out farther and dont get caught up in trying to throw light weight or faster drivers to get that extra D. It's going to be smaller and smaller things that get you over 400. Try and get your off side into it more. You left arm could be driving through a litter more and your left shoulder as well as the left side of your hips could be punching around faster and in a more focused way.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Return to Video Critique