Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby Beetard » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:03 pm

You stayed very upright on throw 7.

Do you still make an effort to foot pivot on standstill throws? Is there a distance at which you don't do it? (like 200 and in for example?)
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09
User avatar
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:27 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio
Favorite Disc: XL

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby masterbeato » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 pm

i dont pivot under 300'
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby keltik » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 pm

JR wrote:I think it may not be legal (not sure) in my country to post direct links to directions on how to get youtube vids downloaded to your computer. Therefore I suggest googling the search term: youtube video capture program.


yeah JR i checked and youtube is illegal in Finland :lol:
keltik
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: High Point NC
Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby JR » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:07 am

keltik wrote:
JR wrote:I think it may not be legal (not sure) in my country to post direct links to directions on how to get youtube vids downloaded to your computer. Therefore I suggest googling the search term: youtube video capture program.


yeah JR i checked and youtube is illegal in Finland :lol:


Sharing information about circumventing copy protection on copyrighted material probably is. IIRC it is. That's why only pointed the direction. Dunno about copyright issues of youtube because I haven't read their policies. But I don't need a copyright law suit.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11425
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby masterbeato » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:01 am

its only when i try to throw over 350' is when i will lunge, and throw 7 i was upright because i was throwing short.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby Beetard » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:12 am

I am the same way. I lunge if I try to throw more than 276.8945 feet. 8)
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09
User avatar
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:27 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio
Favorite Disc: XL

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby rehder » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:49 am

JR wrote:I'm struck by how slowly you often move the elbow forward. If it ain't a max D throw it doesn't seem much like punching the elbow forward before the chop. Even some of the chops with putters and mids were surprisingly slow. Especially the Wizard throws. I need to listen to Butthead when he said: "Settle down Beavis". And really slow down even more than I've done so far. based o these vids I'm doing even more damage to my D by speeding and slipping early. That's a ticket son with a cop voice. I ticketed myself :-)

Thanks so much for these videos they are bound to be helpful to more people than me and throwing so slowly with the Wizards helps some regarding slo mo :-)


If you re talking about video 9, I dont think his chop is slow at all. In fact its very fast, but its the only part of him thats fast, and its only fast where it matters, everything else is very smooth and very controlled.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:58 pm
Location: Discn in northern Europe

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby JR » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 am

rehder wrote:
JR wrote:I'm struck by how slowly you often move the elbow forward. If it ain't a max D throw it doesn't seem much like punching the elbow forward before the chop. Even some of the chops with putters and mids were surprisingly slow. Especially the Wizard throws. I need to listen to Butthead when he said: "Settle down Beavis". And really slow down even more than I've done so far. based o these vids I'm doing even more damage to my D by speeding and slipping early. That's a ticket son with a cop voice. I ticketed myself :-)

Thanks so much for these videos they are bound to be helpful to more people than me and throwing so slowly with the Wizards helps some regarding slo mo :-)


If you re talking about video 9, I dont think his chop is slow at all. In fact its very fast, but its the only part of him thats fast, and its only fast where it matters, everything else is very smooth and very controlled.


That's the vid and yes he accelerates late enough but still not as hard as I do at times and I get nowhere as far but I've seen and shared micro early slips pulling too close to the chest. His throw is very very good with timing and acceleration and a great example of both.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11425
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby masterbeato » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 am

watch the elbow chops on vid 11

vid 9 was my 210' - 280' putter throws may explain the slow elbow chop (takes off D')
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Re: Dan Beto Throw Analysis (again)

Postby josser » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 am

masterbeato wrote:i dont pivot under 300'


If you watch his upshot at 5:46 on the working from the hit backward video you see that he plants his pivot foot at 45 degrees and it stays there throughout the entire throw motion
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 am
Location: Chilliwack, BC

Previous

Return to Video Critique

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest