OK Here (new Vids added 9-27-09)

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: OK Here

Postby dgdave » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:32 am

Newegg has them for around $400
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Aaron_D » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:44 am

kick in the balls!
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby RustyP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Awesome videos Brad! I was waiting for your first posts with the new toys :twisted:

Hit me up if you're down for another field session sometime soon...I'd love to be your next subject. However, after watching Blinks vids I'd be really scared about hitting your gun (especially considering how low I tend to throw).
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Bradley Walker » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:48 pm

More videos:

Slow Motion

178 DX Roc Closeup Slow Motion Snap (KILLED) 375 ft (240 FPS)
I killed this Roc. Best pure snap of the day. First close up. (240 FPS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25URkzDs3Sw

180 KC Pro Roc (snap more around the nose) 8-7-09 240 FPS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM11kxGJH3s

KC Pro Roc good snap closeup in slow motion (240 FPS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqpl2L_4lJI

KC Pro Roc Off Axis snap (closeup in Slow Motion) 240 FPS
You can see the disc slip down to the bottom part of my hand as the palm rounds the nose of the disc in the snap. This causes the wobble. This disc must remain in a constant plane of the hand during the snap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dD2ECIpLs

Full speed

KC Pro Roc Snap closeup (full speed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yMv-NX4xQM

400 ft Star Teebird full speed 30 FPS
(this is the best form I have ever had)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sujH3jVF0Q
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: OK Here (new Vids added 8-7-09)

Postby masterbeato » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:47 pm

jesus Bradley, take it easy! its just a Roc!
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Blink » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Omfg Brad your follow through looks like your arm is gonna fly off. I'm not sure how hazardous a hard follow through can be, but motivated by many a morning with sore rotator cuff, I've been tryin to copy Beto's follow through where the arm comes out lower and pointed down. I think Barry Schultz does this.
Zone/RhynoAviarRocWhippet/DroneTeebirdFirebirdRoadrunnerDestroyerXcaliberBoss/NukeKatana

I throw Terminators when nobody looks.
Blink
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Champ Archangel

Postby masterbeato » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 pm

my follow through sucks

lawl
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Bradley Walker » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:04 am

Blink wrote:Omfg Brad your follow through looks like your arm is gonna fly off. I'm not sure how hazardous a hard follow through can be, but motivated by many a morning with sore rotator cuff, I've been tryin to copy Beto's follow through where the arm comes out lower and pointed down. I think Barry Schultz does this.

I feel great.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Banzai » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:44 am

Dude, you're throwing Rocs as far as I can throw drivers. This is the first I've really seen someone actually touching the right pec with the disc before it rockets out. Awesome.
ridge | roc | river | pd
Banzai
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby gretagun » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 pm

The teebird shot looks great! It really exemplifies "power zone" and keeping it close to the body. I think this definitely should help other people, myself included, visualize the importance of keeping that disc tight.
Wizard>Roc>Leopard>Teebird>Orc>Firebird
gretagun
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Rancho Roc

Postby sunspot » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

I can really see a lot in this one

KC Pro Roc good snap closeup in slow motion (240 FPS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqpl2L_4lJI

Brad, when are you going to talk about the snap method? Couple with your explanation and this video, I could glean even more knowledge on how to "snap" a disc.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby black udder » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:15 pm

awesome videos Brad. That teebird shot ends up with the signature "walk off" like Dan :)

Can't wait to try and work up some of the same stuff and get some more video of me. Congrats!
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby LumberJack » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:23 pm

Very nice to see the disc being pulled so tight and then BoooM in slow-mo. Will try to emulate this, easier said than done... practice...practice...practice...
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 am

Small issues that may improve a bit of D when changed: Can you get the left arm closer to the body or make it actively to rotate you faster by actively moving the arm during the pivot to touch navel like Steve Rico does occasionally? You start the arm pull slightly before you plant. It's interesting to know if you could get little bit more D by allowing the torso to do ore of the work early in the throw and reserving more arm acceleration power for later in the hit. Don't know exactly how much it helped me but some feet at least.

Your wrist bends back some can you resist the bend harder an are you willing to do weight or Powerball work to increase wrist tendon strength? That could help if you aren't able to harness more power there by concentrating on it more.

You get a steeper angle on the disc with the wrist than I do by not getting the elbow as far forward as I do and chopping the elbow earlier than I do. The downside to your timing is that you don't get as tight an angle at the elbow as I do and get less plyometric loading and chopping power from elbow tendons. I can only theorize but currently I think that the optimum muscle power generation and tendon loading happens somewhere between your timing and mine which is trying to get the elbow as far forward as possible minus and inch or two to protect the deltoids which I hurt in cold weather. The theory against pushing the elbow absolutely forward is locking the elbow and ripping the delts apart wen the muscles and tendons get compressed too far resisting the generated power moving to the elbow chop. My elbow locked for a while until it ripped open in the chop after bulging the delts more than they are meant. That means, if I'm right, that you might get more power if you move your shoulder closer to the target by an inch or three before chopping open.

You seem taller than me so envy to the ease of wrapping the arm around the disc more for a greater wrist angle and resulting acceleration time moving the lock point around the disc rim :mrgreen: Not to mention the longer lever.

Edit: Can you actively open your wrist more to get it to 15 degrees or so past straight to the right for hyper spin? That too could help.

Edit2: How bout adding some double pivot work like the pivot hop step and what Dan wrote of martial arts lower body usage? I can snap and accelerate harder late in the throw this way than with x steps. If only my ankle could handle it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:40 am

sunspot wrote:Brad, when are you going to talk about the snap method?

Soon. Maybe some today.
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique