Udder's problem drives

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Udder's problem drives

Postby black udder » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 pm

okay - so I've lost the distance I had gained so recently. I'm watching and I'm not sure wtf I'm not doing. Aside from some nose up issues, the discs don't look like they're coming out too badly. I'm trying to focus on late acceleration, but they're only going around 300-320' or so (and it's slightly downhill).

Comments appreciated.

black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Re: Udder's problem drives

Postby keltik » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 pm

what up Black......good to see you look the same.....your form looks good.....i think you are losing arm speed but i can't tell where.....are your hips bothering you?....how is your grip?....you still using that wacky "above the seam" grip?.....let me watch the video some more....

EDIT: after further review it looks like you are off balance and maybe not getting your weight forward enough and the disc may be going nose up slightly.....everything else looks pretty good.....
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby bcsst26 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 am

As far as I can tell (I am no expert at these especially at work on my old mac) you are not weight forward enough. It looks like your plant step is to long. Try to shorten it up some. I would also say that you get the disc into the left pec area then fire. Try to get it in more into the right pec area. I think these two things should give you your distance back. I can feel a difference in my throws when I keep the disc in tight longer and when I fire to early. Can I repeat it all the time no. Does it take me a while right now to figure out what I am doing wrong. Yes. I fire early and throw and throw and wander what is going on then I get a throw that reminds me of how it should feel. I think that is something you are missing right now. Tighter longer then hit it.
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Postby black udder » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:49 am

Thanks, guys. I'll be sure and check the plant step. I'd had it a great length for a few weeks, wasn't causing me any pain to throw and I was getting good distance. Maybe I slipped backwards into my old step. Will check holding it longer, too (into right pec).

As for hips & stuff. They're doing great, so I'm going 100% until I have a problem. Yeah, I'm still using Dan's above the seam grip.

I'm playing later, so gives me something to work on :D
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Ironhide » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Also with the distance of your planting, watch the location. Especially in the first throw you can see that your right foot is not on the line that you're throwing. From what I could see, you're 2nd throw seemed more fluid/best, and that was because you're foot was closer to your line. And the further your foot is from your line, the more your body has to compensate to get it back in the line you want, resulting in lost energy transfer.
My Bag: DX - Aviar Putter - 170g & 175g | DX - Shark - 168g | DX - Roc - 168g & 175g | Pro-D Buzz - 170g | Champion - Leopard - 171g | Star - Teebird(TL) - 171g | DX/Star - Sidewinder - 168g/171g | DX - Beast - 170g
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc & Shark

Postby Aaron_D » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 pm

First thing that comes to mind other than being weight back is that you dont look like you are 'over' the disc enough and your pull isnt tight in to your chest. When you crank the mower, you cant be off to the side! You have to be on top of the cable. Your throw looks less compact too. Try keeping your arm more bent at the hit. And everyone is right about weight forward...you are almost weight back. You seem to be wasting a lot of motion in the run up. Try dialing it back to a 1 step or just slow the run up down. Remember when concentrating on acceleration to start EVERYTHING slow...including the first few steps...not just the pull.
My Drive-> http://www.youtube.com/user/CpJ123?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/OWX_jHYB4bg

Wizard * Roc * JLS * SOLF * Wraith * Predator
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Return to Video Critique