Avery Jenkins drives. 2 points of view

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Avery Jenkins drives. 2 points of view

Postby bcsst26 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Another good one JR. Is that the champ talking to you at the beginning of the video?
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:03 pm

bcsst26 wrote:Another good one JR. Is that the champ talking to you at the beginning of the video?

No I snapped that photo on my point and shoot camera. The guy in the center is a star so he's used to being in the pubic and recognized so I feel confident in naming him. If I heard the introduction correctly he's three time Danish champion Karl Johan Höj Nybo. The guy on the right is a competent Finnish thrower and I don't know if he wants his name in the public. He's designed a course in Finland.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 pm

djext1 wrote:You know, in all honesty, if you got (or already have) some of the best players driving on vid like this....and I wouldn't even mind seeing putting from further out like this too to be honest, you could make and sell a dvd.

I know I would gladly pay 10 or 15 bucks for a dvd with high quality slow mo driving of the pro's...

Hope you guys consider it =P

Thanks. We do already have 'em on video :-D I'm not the only one of the video guys but there is talk of getting a DVD put together. It's just that I can't talk more of it because I'm not the one making the DVD and don't know which tournament is coming out first. I wish for both Tali Open and the European Open eventually. We've actually got good enough footage combined to assemble a Blu ray disc :-) That should ensure a god looking DVD. A Blu ray may not be financially viable at the moment.

More questions and encouragements of getting a DVD could be directed to lcgm8 at www.youtube.com Sorry dude if you get mobbed.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby terazen » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:27 pm

JR, In the first throw, was he throwing the direction the tee points? It looks like his feet aren't lined up parallel with the tee. What kind of throw was that?
terazen
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Teebird

Postby Flipflat » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Great job! Excellent vids!

It's interesting to see how they track the disc as they throw. Or not. It doesn't look like Climo looks at the disc at all during his throw, but his head turns towards the target as he releases. Avery seems to track the disc with his eyes, but doesn't look at the target untill after he releases the disc. One throws from the pec, the other is below the pec.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Parks » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:28 pm

The Climo footage has some nice zoom work to catch both his form and the flight of the disc.

I don't really need slo-mo of Climo's shot reactions, though :D
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:51 pm

terazen wrote:JR, In the first throw, was he throwing the direction the tee points? It looks like his feet aren't lined up parallel with the tee. What kind of throw was that?

He probably intended to throw a little left of the tee center line with that shot but I can't be certain. You see this is my disc and I have a hard time seeing him coloring a bar on his discs to determine the spin rate which is about 20 revolutions per second. I watched the vids not on the youtube clip and Avery does constantly start with the right leg just right of the center line of the tee ending up at the left front of the tee. The discs did fly to approximately the center line of the tee flipping to flat or a very few degrees anny depending on which discs he used. TBs and Xcals I think maybe a Destroyer in there as well didn't look at them closely. He commented about TBs as he threw them during warming up. The disc in the first throwing the vid did flip to cut roll but I also warned him that it is worn and needs more initial hyzer than a new one. His form seemed pretty similar on the other vids.

I believe that Avery runs right to left with the same goal in mind that martial artists do. double pivot. Pivoting with both legs instead of just the right one. It gives more rotational speed. An addition to snap. Masterbeato wrote of this search the site for Steve Tareda. Avery did rotate so fast that the disc was fairly lined up with the tee direction. The slight turning at times may account for something and the fact at the distances he was throwing to you can't see if there are horses coming to emerge on the horse training road right of the driving field. The throws that turned the most did hit the last grove protecting the horse road. Which is faaaar away so there you have it. Here is his proof video of qualifying for the title I throw faaaaaar on this site. He's registered here so moderators do your thang.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 pm

There's this site www.pdga.com that has a link to Tali Open 2009 videos on the front page. The same event the vid of Avery was shot at. It's up to David Gentry and the rest of the staff to decide when and if other stuff gets linked there.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby CJ1998 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:13 pm

The Climo video. . . is that "Goes far Flies Near"? There's something going on there, I can't get it to play on Youtube.

I see what's going on with the Rt. Pec thing. I think one of our drives side by side would put the pulls in stark contrast. I bet most people would probably see that he's getting a lot closer to the rt pec than they thought they were.
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:24 pm

Youtube functionality has been declining all the time for me. I get "An error has occurred, please try again later" all the time trying to get HQ and HD has never once worked for me. This is the first time that even regular vid does not work despite repeated attempts :-( Hopefully it'll be a passing thing. Try again later.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby CJ1998 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:21 am

I clicked the 'HD' button and the video played. Strange that it doesn't for normal. Anyhow . . .

Great vids!
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby djext1 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:01 am

Avery Jenkins is doing a FREE Long Drive Clinic at the DiscNation Disc Golf Pro Shop in Austin, TX this Thursday Nov. 5th from 4 - 6 pm. Come on out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was posted by Avery on his facebook. Isn't some of you HD camera guys from down around there? Might be cool to get this on camera to put online... Seeing as it's already 'free', Avery might give the go ahead to allow it.

Someone get there and record it!
djext1
Noob

Postby JR » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:21 am

djext1 wrote:
Avery Jenkins is doing a FREE Long Drive Clinic at the DiscNation Disc Golf Pro Shop in Austin, TX this Thursday Nov. 5th from 4 - 6 pm. Come on out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was posted by Avery on his facebook. Isn't some of you HD camera guys from down around there? Might be cool to get this on camera to put online... Seeing as it's already 'free', Avery might give the go ahead to allow it.

Someone get there and record it!

If another cam with high speed capability is available you know where we want you to be:-D
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Video Critique