Updated video

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Updated video

Postby BLURR » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Please feel free to critique my throw. I apologize for the quality. F'ing youtube is butchering the video right now.

My Driving Video

I feel I am consistent in my throw, but also feel like I should be getting more distance than I am.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Updated video

Postby JR » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 pm

You're pulling fast with the arm earlier than me. Let pec acceleration I'd say. Yet the arm swing doesn't seem that fast especially for the discs used and distances gained. Were you trying to shape lines with the any steps and slight hyzer releases for distance or golf s-curves. Is your right leg healthy? If so then try to plant the foot pointing 100-120 degrees away from the target turning your chest 180-210 degrees (depends on your hip mobility) away from the target at the reach back for added power generation. That and a later more vicious arm acceleration should help. Turning more at the reach back is more difficult to control and may mess up with timing so if you don't more D try to see were you're accelerating. Chances are you're doing what I did initially and expending left leg push and hip twist and possibly some of the arm acceleration by the time the chest reached 90 degrees left of the target.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Bradley Walker » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLctK7z6Eg

Watch this.

You never really get to the apex, and then pivot the disc. You are early, and you are not really able to load into the disc pivot and explode around the nose of the disc.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby bcsst26 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 am

Bradley Walker wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLctK7z6Eg

Watch this.

You never really get to the apex, and then pivot the disc. You are early, and you are not really able to load into the disc pivot and explode around the nose of the disc.

Just curious here. So how would BLURR go about fixing this? Later acceleration?
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Return to Video Critique