Dig this.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Dig this.

Postby Dig It » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Here is a video of my drive. I got pretty close to getting an ace but settled for a 2. If you can get anything from the small amount of time my drive is visible I will always take some critique.

This was a powered down 167g Pro Wraith on hole #4 of Johnny Roberts DGC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PV6HuCGg9I
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Re: Dig this.

Postby JR » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 pm

If you're powering down and not turning back way from the target and not using the hips you should keep the eyes locked on the target. The benefits are increased accuracy and repeatability because of additional aiming method -visual. On top of those your head ain't bobbing about this way increasing repeatability because the weight of the head ain't moving you around. With full power the acceleration increases the effective weight of the head and it does occasionally shift the upper body a little. Enough to change disc angles. When the body reaches back then turns forward for the hit freely with the eyes locked on the target the weight of the head is decoupled from the body. Effectively speaking not totally :-) Not many can decapitate themselves with their disc :-p
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique