Working on new form.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Working on new form.

Postby JHern » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 am

MrScoopa wrote:...Here is a new video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyyAbo6mevs

The arm motion and elbow stop look much much better. You're on the right track.

As you suggest, it still seems like you're not getting proper momentum transfer. Try delaying the start of your pull a little bit, this may help. And try to get the feeling of whipping your arms more using this forward momentum transfer and rotation of shoulders.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Working on new form.

Postby MrScoopa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks everyone!

I added my first successful slow x-step. Successful as in it added more distance than I can currently achieve from a standstill, and the accuracy was still there. My footwork is more than just a momentum booster now. I pay attention to where my feet land to maximize hips and torso power. Thanks to the hit back method ;)

I am going to experiment with how I reach back. Why not if it could increase my consistency!

As you suggest, it still seems like you're not getting proper momentum transfer. Try delaying the start of your pull a little bit, this may help. And try to get the feeling of whipping your arms more using this forward momentum transfer and rotation of shoulders.

You know. I get better throws the minute I step back and re-focus on powering with the torso. I believe what that does is delay my pull. Now, I'm running off to read about shoulder turn.

Thanks!
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Previous

Return to Video Critique