Spring Cleaning... help my form!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Spring Cleaning... help my form!

Postby Sheen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm

It's nice to be playing in nice weather again! I have been a regular reader of this site for a couple years now, and have worked some on my form. In the past year or so I've even managed to develop a pretty decent forehand game so I got one of those on the end of the video. However, I've been plateau at about 350'(best guess) or so for quite some time and am really wanting to add some distance to that this summer.

Anyways, I got this new pocket Kodak Zi8 and I think it takes pretty good video (720p 60fps) so I got some pretty good slow motion.

What can I do better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nckBlvUXBBQ
Sheen
Noob

Re: Spring Cleaning... help my form!

Postby gretagun » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Looks nice and smooth to me. I don't know what I can suggest as far as breaking that 350' plateau. Others here will probably be able to give better advice than I can. I do think you need to let your left leg come around with your body on your backhand shots. It's more noticeable in the second throw.
That camera looks like it takes some pretty good video too!
Wizard>Roc>Leopard>Teebird>Orc>Firebird
gretagun
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Rancho Roc

Re: Spring Cleaning... help my form!

Postby Parks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Your arm is moving near constant speed the whole time, without any real late acceleration. I'm sure you were expecting to hear that though, its everyone's problem. The third throw was better than the first in terms of late acceleration because your shoulder rotation looked better.

You're starting your pull too early, and doing it with your arm. Try to keep your arm loose once you reach back and start your pull with your hips.

In the first throw, your shoulders are just spinning in a constant motion rather than helping generate power.

Your footwork and weight distribution during the run up look good, but make sure you allow your hips/legs to follow through.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Video Critique