Critique my drives!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Critique my drives!

Postby patdabunny » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 am

So, I go back out to the field this AM and did some standstill work masterbeato's instructional video. After a few rounds of tries, I amazed myself--I was able to throw a few 375' throws with no run up!

All I did differently was 1) Tried my hardest to keep the disc close to my chest; 2) Keep my weight waaaaay forward over my plant foot; 3) Focus on hip acceleration in the first part and then arm accel later (must do a better job in this); 4) Grip strength. Those four things transformed my throw with a run up from 340' to one without it to 375' with the same disc!

Just amazing that small things like this can make such a large difference. Now all I have to do is keep practicing... :lol:

Daniel
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby MrScoopa » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm

NICE! We are in the same boat.

What disc did you hit that 375' with. I can only hit that consistently with the katana. Occassionaly with a wraith.

2) Keep my weight waaaaay forward over my plant foot;

That was one of my latest breakthroughs. I did it by staying on my toes.

As a side note cause I like to talk about this kinda stuff. I love my local course. It has two holes to bomb on, but the rest are between 200 - 300. It is snap practicing\line shaping heaven. I use my leopard with minimal reach back and just try to snap the disc with as little effort as possible - just relying on the snap for d. That lead to my discovery that it is easier to snap a disc on an anhyzer or hyzer line. I don't know if that holds true for everyone.

Such similar stories yet mine was sadder to begin with. ~ 325 with a run up! eek. Now, I don't even use one most of the time 8)
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby patdabunny » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 pm

Surge SS, one of my new favs, for sure! It's just like a beat in pro wraith. I can get a better feel for it vs a wraith, though. YMMV.

It is kinda weird how similar our throws are. I was shocked when the discs just went and went and went...and then they kept going--all without a run up!
My putter doinks harder than yours!

Z Pred~E*Boss~E*TB~Roadrunner~Fuse~Buzzz~Comet~Aviar
Frank Delicious wrote:I try to psyche people out on my card. I usually do this by getting nude around the 4th hole.
patdabunny
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby MrScoopa » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:57 pm

It is kinda weird how similar our throws are.

Well, we did have the same teachers :lol:

Code: Select all
I was shocked when the discs just went and went and went...and then they kept going--all without a run up!

Yea, with the slow plastic it's almost like they float towards the end. With the faster discs it is like I throw, look up, and it is already 300' feet out.

I am curious about that surge SS, sounds nice. It'd be nice when my wraith gets too flippy.
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Previous

Return to Video Critique